Loves to help with queries

Default Harriet Richards

A friend of mine asked me to help with her family tree. Her ancestor: Harriet Richards was born in Llanfechain, Mongomeryshire 27. jan 1833. (In the Montgomeryshire records, it say's "illeg") Her parents are written as David Richards ( labourer ) and Margaret Francis. I see that they marry a few day's later 30. jan 1833 ( witn. Morris Richards & Eleanor Francis). In the 1841 census, it has Margaret and Harriet living together, maybe David died. Can anyone help us find out more about these people, parents etc.? According to the 1841 census, Margaret was born abt. 1806 in Montgomeryshire. In the 1851 census, Harriet (hopefully ours) is a servant with Thomas abd Eleanor Rees in Llanerfyl.
    Thanks in advance.

Shay

janbooth

Hello Shay,

FindmyPast have a lot of original parish registers online for Wales - it is a pay per view site but could be quite helpful for your friend's research. There is a Margaret FRANCIS baptised in Llanerfyl, Montgomeryshire in 1805 and an Eleanor FRANCIS baptised there in 1802 to the same parents - perhaps worth further investigation. Given that Margaret & Harriet are in Llangadfan in the 1841 census, FMP also have several burial records for a David RICHARDS between 1833 and 1841 at Llangadfan.

Janet

Quote Originally Posted by janbooth View Post
    Hello Shay,

FindmyPast have a lot of original parish registers online for Wales - it is a pay per view site but could be quite helpful for your friend's research. There is a Margaret FRANCIS baptised in Llanerfyl, Montgomeryshire in 1805 and an Eleanor FRANCIS baptised there in 1802 to the same parents - perhaps worth further investigation. Given that Margaret & Harriet are in Llangadfan in the 1841 census, FMP also have several burial records for a David RICHARDS between 1833 and 1841 at Llangadfan.

Janet
    Thanks Janet
    I've searched FMP but haven't, as yet, got up those two baptisms you mention. (?) Did you notice the names of the parents? I'll keep trying though.
    Shay

Forget that last message. Found them! Will find my credit card when I get home and check them out. Thanks again

Shay