Buckinghamster

Default Salmon of Radclive cum Chackmore

My mother's side of the family are descended from the Salmon family, who farmed in Chackmore and Radclive since the 16th century. I have much information already from contemporary records but there are still many gaps.
    A general plea really, to anyone out there who has an interest in the Salmon family or who has any knowledge of them in any period. Anything pre 1592 particularly welcomed! [ I know that's a long shot!] Am prepared to swop info etc.
    Last edited by Buckinghamster; 20-08-2005 at 3:31 PM. Reason: Bit more info.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

I too am descended from those Salmons if my research is correct. My earliest record (although not substantiated) is 1568. Happy to swap information.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by Buckinghamster View Post
    My mother's side of the family are descended from the Salmon family, who farmed in Chackmore and Radclive since the 16th century. I have much information already from contemporary records but there are still many gaps.
    A general plea really, to anyone out there who has an interest in the Salmon family or who has any knowledge of them in any period. Anything pre 1592 particularly welcomed! [ I know that's a long shot!] Am prepared to swop info etc.
    I have traced my Fathers side to Henry Salmon b:1568. My Father David Henry Harris died in 1963, in Batcombe, Somerset. I have not been able to find the parents of Henry Salmon.

Regards

Mark Harris
    esa1178 AT hotmail DOT com

Knowledgeable and helpful

Mark, you might like to ask one of the moderators to disguise your email address - with it displayed in full you're inviting spammers!

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by Squaredancer View Post
    Mark, you might like to ask one of the moderators to disguise your email address - with it displayed in full you're inviting spammers!
    Duly noted, and done, Squaredancer. Thank you.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by Esa1178 View Post
    I have traced my Fathers side to Henry Salmon b:1568. My Father David Henry Harris died in 1963, in Batcombe, Somerset. I have not been able to find the parents of Henry Salmon.

Regards

Mark Harris
    esa1178 AT hotmail DOT com
    I don't have a definite answer but I have a Rumbold Salmon (died 1592) and a John Salmon (died 1593) in my tree. Either could be father of Henry Salmon.