Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Valued member of Brit-Gen

Hi Wiganexile

Lilian Ley's first husband was a 'Rankine'. So same Lilian.

Thank you for the interest.

Sue

Hi Susie

Apologies for not spotting your reply sooner, but I still work full time. I have been extra busy at work due to a colleague leaving, so am currently doing the job of two persons. When I get home I'm too tired to put on yet another computer and check my emails.

Would you be able to give me any info on my Grandad? I was told by the informant on his death certificate that he was a very nice man (they went to the same church), he would do anything for anyone. Loved his gadgets! And that he doted on Lilian. It's a shame I/we never got to meet them (I have an elder sister and a younger brother).

Not the same man that my Grandmother described, but then I believe she did that to stop us wanting to find him. I suppose it worked to an extent.

I grew up in Whitby, Yorkshire so I was surprised he also lived in Whitby, but Ellesmere Port! My mother grew up in Liverpool with her maternal Grandmother.

I'm going to be holidaying in North Wales next week and am hoping to do at least a one day trip to Liverpool!

Sue

Hi Christanel

Thanks for this link.

Would I be right in thinking only my mum could apply for any military records, as his surviving next of kin?

Sue

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12