Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Allan F Sparrow

James Thomas Blackmore, referred to in a previous post: I have found at FMP two newspaper extracts, both from the Morning Post.

The first refers to his giving evidence to a coroner's inquest at Hoxton in July 1864: a case of someone dying from an overdose of morphia.

The second, from 5th November 1859, is an announcement of the marriage of his eldest daughter Harriett Matilda Blackmore to George Hicks, a surgeon. The Blackmore address is Canonbury, as in the reference in the earlier post here.

It seems likely that this is the doctor that DoreenH was asking about, and that he was well established by 1859. Family Search has a man of this name born in Shoreditch in 1812, but I must leave the search to others for a while.

Allan

Allan F Sparrow

Lots more info on James Thomas Blackmore, obtained at Ancestry:-

The 1812 parish register for St Leonard's Shoreditch says his parents were William and Mary, and he was baptised on 26th February.

1841 Census: 24 Old Street Road - Surgeon HO107 Piece 708 Folio 47 Page 2 Civil Parish St Leonard Shoreditch County Middlesex

1851 Census: 24 Old Street Road, Shoreditch - General Practitioner, Licentiate of Apothecaries' Hall
    HO107 Piece 1536 Folio 5 Page2

1861 Census: 21 Douglas Road, Canonbury
    RG 9 Piece 141Folio 89 Page 48

1871 Census: 21 Douglas Road, Canonbury -
    RG10 Piece 296 Folio 8 Page 10

1881 Census 21 Douglas Road - Physician and general practitioner
    RG11 Piece 262 Folio 81 Page 37

He _may_ have died 1891 Q4 Sevenoaks aged 79. If so the probate record says he died 21 Dec. He was "of Shoreham Lodge, Sevenoaks" and probate went to George Blackmore, surgeon dentist.

I hope this is the right guy, as I've spent a little time on him!

Allan

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Allan

I hope this is the right guy, as I've spent a little time on him!
    Just think, one the learning curve, two maybe someone else's rellie, three what could you have been doing instead of researching!!!!LOL

Allan F Sparrow

It seems I have broken etiquette in my references, but now I can't see how to amend them!

Hi Allan

Fixed. It is something to do with copyright issues I think. I have sent you a pm.

Christanel

Allan F Sparrow

Quote Originally Posted by geneius View Post
    Allan

Just think, one the learning curve, two maybe someone else's rellie, three what could you have been doing instead of researching!!!!LOL
    I went off to look for some more ancestors of an uncle of mine, actually!

If anyone out there is interested, the James T. Blackmore who died in 1891 _was_ the same man as before: I found him in the 1891 census at the Sevenoaks address.

Valued member of Brit-Gen

To all who have helped me via Allan with Dr Blackmore and my husbands ggg grandfather Thomas Blackmore who died 1875.
    Thank you for the information. I will have another look. Sorry for not replying earlier, was away having a carers break.
    once again, thankyou
    DoreenH

Allan F Sparrow

You're welcome, and happy hunting.

Allan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12