Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Dorset, England, Births and Baptisms, 1813-1906 about Edward Norris Honeybun
    Edward Norris Honeybun
    Baptism Date - 18 Apr 1865
    Parish - Bradpole
    Father - Norris Honeybun
    Mother - Ellen Honeybun

Is this Edward in 1891 Another way of spelling Norris. But says born Devonshire.
    RG12 Piece 4385 Folio 24 Page 42
    49 Bertram Street Roath Glamorgan
    Norice Ed Honeyburn 26 bus driver Devonshire
    Annie C Honeyburn 21 Cardiff

I still can't find Norris and Ellen after the 1871, can you see anything Nicolina?

forestlea65

Thanks Nicolina & Christanel

What can I say!!! you're both brilliant in finding this information, I'm over the moon with your replies.

forestlea65

Thanks Nicolina

Hi Nicolina

I've not come across FMP before what does it stand for- also do you know if I could access parish records for the area online?

Really appreciate what you & Christanel have found

Nicolina

FMP stands for Find My Past, a subscription site. I've just found Dorset Online Parish Clerk's site but unfortunately the Baptisms for 1834 to 1843 inc. are missing from the Lodors Bishop's Transcripts. BUMMER!!!!! You can access the site at https://www.opcdorset.org/

Nicolina

baptism at Loders, Emily, daughter of Edward & Jane HONEYBOURNE, a Labourer, abode Loders

Nicolina

I'm busy extracting the HONEYBO**** baptisms at Loders and have just spotted that Henry, born about 1805, may have been married twice. There are a couple of children, parents Henry & HANNAH. so I'll also have a look at marriages when I've done these.
    The name Norris may come from a connection with a family called NORRIS in Loders

Nicolina

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolina View Post
    baptism at Loders, Emily, daughter of Edward & Jane HONEYBOURNE, a Labourer, abode Loders
    date of baptism was 7th May 1848

forestlea65

Hi Nicolina & Christanel

Thanks again for the information.

Nicolina

I'm wondering whether the family moved to Wales after the 1871 Census because I've also found:
    Emily Jane HONEYBUN, dau of Norris, married Herbert William EVANS, son of John, at Grangetown 9th Sept 1906. They were both 24.

Also Norris Edward's widow, Annie Caroline HONEYBUN, dau of David GRIST, married Francis BISTON, son of William, at Cardiff, St. Dyfrig 11th Mar 1916. She was 43 & he was 41.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolina View Post
    I'm wondering whether the family moved to Wales after the 1871 Census because I've also found:
    Emily Jane HONEYBUN, dau of Norris, married Herbert William EVANS, son of John, at Grangetown 9th Sept 1906. They were both 24.

Also Norris Edward's widow, Annie Caroline HONEYBUN, dau of David GRIST, married Francis BISTON, son of William, at Cardiff, St. Dyfrig 11th Mar 1916. She was 43 & he was 41.
    And there is this
    Death
    Norris Honeybun
    Age at Death -38, Estimated Birth Year - abt 1845
    Date of Registration - Jun 1/4 1883
    Registration District - Cardiff, Glamorganshire
    Vo1 11a page 163

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast