Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: TURNER - Birr

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hi William,
    I have only just come to this site so missed being able to reply to all your earlier posts.

William Henry Turner was also my Great Uncle. So we share a Great Grandfather in Henry Turner (b abt 1818 Marlelebone).

I am descended through Willian H Turner younger brother Henry Turner (sometimes George Henry and occasionally just George), who was born 3 June 1867 in Southwark and married Ellen Donoghue. I have a lot of information about the family, including service records.

We actually live very close to each other I live between Sidcup and Swanley.

I am happy to share what I know with you. Perhaps we could meet.

I am not sure how we can contact each other privately.
    I sure someone on this site could tell me.

Hopefully you will be able to get this.

Regards

David Turner

Hi David
    to contact William privately just click on his user name and from the drop down menu choose and click on Private Message. These are exactly what they are called, they cannot be accessed by anyone else at all.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Welcome in, David.
    I see that Chris has already explained our messaging system. William hasn’t been in since 2013, but if he is still using the same email address as he registered with, he should get a message from our system to say that you have replied. Good luck!
    In the mean time, why not have a look round and see whether there’s anyone else with a connection.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Thank you, I will try it.
    David

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Thank you.
    I hopefully he is still a member maybe, just not used the site since then.
    I will wait and see.
    David

If he had stopped his membership, the system would be showing his as "Guest" under his name. It's just a matter of valid email addresses.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by Lesley Robertson View Post
    If he had stopped his membership, the system would be showing his as "Guest" under his name. It's just a matter of valid email addresses.
    Thank you Lesley. I have sent him a PM so I wait with hope.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hello David.

Yes I am still here! I had done little or nothing more with my family history research for some few years now and only ten days ago decided to tidy it up a bit.

I am not sure how this site works. Before I go into any more detail have you seen all the messages I exchanged with various researchers back in 2013? I could give you a lot of information for what is worth about my g g grandfather's descendants but little or nothing going back in time.

Bill

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by William N Smith View Post
    Hello David.

Yes I am still here! I had done little or nothing more with my family history research for some few years now and only ten days ago decided to tidy it up a bit.

I am not sure how this site works. Before I go into any more detail have you seen all the messages I exchanged with various researchers back in 2013? I could give you a lot of information for what is worth about my g g grandfather's descendants but little or nothing going back in time.

Bill

Hi Bill

Glad to hear from you.
    I have got birth certificate for William Henry Turner B1854, John Turner b1856 George Thomas Turner b1859 and a baptisim record for Charles (James) Turner b1862 all in Ireland.
    Can't find as yet one for my Grandfather Henry (possible Geo Henry).
    Birth and Death for Mary Ann Turner b1870 d 1879.
    Baptizan for Susannah Ann Turner b abt 1873.
    all children of Henry Turner and Mary Turner nee Rogers who married in 1853 Birr County Ireland while Henry was serving there in the army. I have a copy of the parish register for this marriage which I got when I went to Ireland to do some research there about 10 years ago.
    I also have a service record, or rather a discharge document for Henry. And another army dischage document for William Rogers who is I believe Mary Rogers father who was born in Wales.

Did you get the "private message " that I sent to you?
    I am hoping that it worked.

As I said I live near Ruxley Garden Centre so it would be nice to meet and share research.

Hope to hear form you
    David Turner

Welcome back, William!
    I think that all your earlier messages are available higher up this thread. I can't find any others under your current membership name. If there should be more, I'll need the relevant user name to track them down.
    There's no need to repeat any information in the the previous messages, just refer to the number of the message, as shown on the right-hand end of the red bar at the top of that message.
    Enjoy!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123