Dom2

Default Moses Joseph (1803-1889)

Hi, (I was originally registered as Dom1 but am now Dom2)
    Has anyone a copy of Moses Joseph's will or at least provide details of it. He was my 1st Cousin X4 and married my great great grand aunt Rosetta (nee Nathan) - their marriage was the first official Jewish marriage on Australian soil. I thought there was a precis of it kicking around on the web somewhere but of course now that I need it I am unable to locate it. If memory serves I recall it being mentioned in another thread.
    Thanks in advance
    Dom2

The NSW State records site HEREsays
    Deceased Estate Files, 1880-1923
    Researching deceased estates files before 1923 is a complex process, with researchers often having to check up to five different indexes to locate a file. This index simplifies the process by combining all indexes into one searchable database.
    Tick Online copy service available = $15.00 per entry + Admin Fee + Postage
    They have a copy of Moses Joseph's will which evidently was held in County Middlesex. He died 7 February 1889 and duty was paid 31 July 1889.

From ancestry
    National Probate Calendar
    Moses Joseph Probate Date:6 Mar 1889
    Death Date:7 Feb 1889
    Death Place:Middlesex, England
    Registry:Principal Registry
    The will and 5 codicils of Moses Joseph formerly of the city of Sydney NSW Merchant but late of Bedford Square in the county of Middlesex Esquire who died 7 Feb 1889 at the above address was proved in the Principal Registry by Luis Charles Lumley 139 Westbourne Terrace Hyde Park in the said county Gentleman and David Morton Joseph of 18 Princes Avenue Liverpool county of Lancaster Merchant and Jerrold Nathan Joseph 17 Finsbury Pavement City of London Solicitor the sons 3 of the executors.
    Personal effects 126,692 pounds 17 shillings and 1 penny.

Dom2

Thanks for that Christanel.