Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Name well known on Brit-Gen

1818-1820 Pigot's

Blakey HARTLEY of Burnley Road is desc as Draper Grocer etc / dyer & sizer

In Baines 1824 page 622
    Colne
    Blakey HARTLEY of Windy Bank is desc as as shopkeeper / Dyer / Earthenware /Glass & China Dealer

Hi all

Many thanks for your attempts to solve my family problems.

In some instances, Thomas is described as Thomas Abbott, Thomas Habbott and Thomas Hartley Abbott but I am Pretty certain they are all the same person, He definitely was born in Feb 1829 and married Rachel Atkinson.

For some reason he does not appear in the 1841 census, maybe this is a clue, what happened between 1829 ad 1841 in the Heptonstall area??? I think if we can find out where they all were at this time it may give us a clue to the rest of the puzzle.
    It is difficult to get a handle on Joseph, where he was born etc, there are a number of Joseph Abbot(t) born around the relevant time but it is difficult to find the right one, his marriage to Alice Riding may give a clue as she was born and married in the Colne area.
    Thank you to you all foir your time and effort, I think I was born with the wrong ancestors!!
    Gordon

Post 1841 Census Lancashire/Yorkshire

MESSAGE FROM MODERATOR TO ALL B-G SLEUTHS:

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS POST FOR THE MOMENT.
    I BELIEVE THE NAMES SHOULD BE ALICE AND JOSEPH,AND AM AWAITING CONFIRMATION FROM THE OP WHO WILL REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Alice and Thomas Abbott disappeared after the birth of their third child Thomas born 3 February 1829 in Heptonstall W Yorkshire. None of the family appear in the 1841 census but Thomas appears in the 1851 census living with a Blakey and Betty Hartley in Colne Lancashire.
    I would appreciate any help in finding their whereabouts after 1829

Quote Originally Posted by gorwyn View Post
    MESSAGE FROM MODERATOR TO ALL B-G SLEUTHS:

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS POST FOR THE MOMENT.
    I BELIEVE THE NAMES SHOULD BE ALICE AND JOSEPH,AND AM AWAITING CONFIRMATION FROM THE OP WHO WILL REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Alice and Thomas Abbott disappeared after the birth of their third child Thomas born 3 February 1829 in Heptonstall W Yorkshire. None of the family appear in the 1841 census but Thomas appears in the 1851 census living with a Blakey and Betty Hartley in Colne Lancashire.
    I would appreciate any help in finding their whereabouts after 1829
    Sorry for the confusion, YES you are quite right , it should read Alice and Joseph Abbott.
    I am still trying to find them!!!
    Thanks
    Gorwyn

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234