Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Newcomer to Brit-Gen

I have nothing more at this stage, but will keep an eye out for them as I go through materials. Let me know if you get any further too.
    Tony

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hi Tony - I have just been reading my grandfathers WW1 diary from 1917-1918 - he was in the middle east and holy land and he makes reference to making Pierrot costumes for the "Nomads" I also have a photo of the Nomads in their costumes. The diary entries are all short one liners - so not much detail.
    Andrew

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default ww1 concert group

Hi I was wondering if there is any information about the concert group connected to the Northampton Regiment called THE JOLLY COBBLERS if so would you be prepared to share.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Concert parties WW1

Quote Originally Posted by Kate W View Post
    Hello everyone. My name is Kate Wills, and although I dabble in family history, I spend most of my time researching military concert parties during the Great War 1914-1919.

The index to my research is on two databases, one noting army concert parties (933 so far), and the other registering names of their members and individual entertainers / performers (3007 so far).

I am always scouting to expand my research, so if you have any information relating to concert parties and entertainment in WW1, or think I may be able to help you, please drop a line.

Regards

Kate
    Hi Kate,

I’ve just been reading about Lena Ashwell’s Concert Party’s during WW1 and wondered if you had come across any photos of these parties during the war. I’ve searched the internet and can find photos of Lena ( though not actually in concert parties )

Researching this topic is new to me, though I have just read Lena’s book.

Would appreciate suggestions as to where to look.
    Regards
    Matilda

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewK View Post
    Hi Tony - I have just been reading my grandfathers WW1 diary from 1917-1918 - he was in the middle east and holy land and he makes reference to making Pierrot costumes for the "Nomads" I also have a photo of the Nomads in their costumes. The diary entries are all short one liners - so not much detail.
    Andrew
    Hello Andrew,
    I've just come across your post while researching my grandfather, who was also in the Nomads in Palestine in WW1. We have his photos and a few details from what he described, but I'd be interested to find out more, and also to learn about the others who shared his experiences.
    Sally

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234