Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Leslie Fuller's Ped'lers

I am aware of both these links but I am not convinced that Leslie Fuller was part of the Pedlers group shown. He did not have a brother called Dave but his brother, Ernest, my husband's grandfather, worked back-stage and his wife, Ada, was a dancer with the Ped'lars for a while

gasser

The first link does somewhat answer your query about Herbert Adams .
    As to the second link, are any of the facts stated, other than "brother Dave", accurate?

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by Kate W View Post
    Hello everyone. My name is Kate Wills, and although I dabble in family history, I spend most of my time researching military concert parties during the Great War 1914-1919.

The index to my research is on two databases, one noting army concert parties (933 so far), and the other registering names of their members and individual entertainers / performers (3007 so far).

I am always scouting to expand my research, so if you have any information relating to concert parties and entertainment in WW1, or think I may be able to help you, please drop a line.

Regards

Kate
    Hi Kate,

I am a volunteer at Blind Veterans UK, and am working on a historical photograph project. I have come across some photos of a Pierrot Clown troupe entertaining at a concert party and with two individuals noted as Sub. Lt. Morley and Ordinary Sewaman Holloway. They were part of a group called The Ten B- - S E - K S (the dashes are missing letters as they are obscured by clothing and other props).

We would like to know more about this troupe as it might help us to narrow down when and where the concert took place. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thansk JohnCH

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hi Kate,

I am researching concert parties, pierrot troupes and their members. Are you able to send-out copies of your databases so that I can sift through them in search of names and locations? Thanks for any advice you can give.
    You can reach me on info {at} prom-prom.com
    Many thanks,
    Tony Lidington
    Last edited by Lesley Robertson; 20-03-2017 at 7:19 AM. Reason: Email address deactivated

John and Tony, Kate hasn't been here since Nov 2013.

Hopefully someone else can help or advise.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

I think this troupe were the Berserks. I hope that helps.
    Tony Lidington

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Thanks Tony, that was one of the names I thought it might be, but really had no positive evidence. Do you know anything else about the troupe as I can't find anything on google. If you can help further that would be most appreciated

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hello Kate,

I am very excited to have found a reference to Concert Parties during WW1. I have been searching for details regarding these for many years and think that at last I have found it!

My father kept a diary during his war service from September 1915 and after a year in the trenches, and on learning that he was a professional musician his commanding officer asked him if he would be willing to set up a concert party. As a result he started The Frolics. The full story of this was published in Genealogists Magazine December 1998. My late brother Francis Leeson was the Editor of this journal for some years. I would be so glad if you could get a copy if possible, if not, I could send you a print out of this particular entry. I do hope you are interested, I have tried to find reference to this concert party on the internet without success.

Best wishes,

Tony

As I said in message 25, Kate hasn't been here since 2013.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hi Tony, I have images of several troupes in my archive with the title 'Frolics' or 'Froliques'. Was this a specifically military concert party, or did they also perform after (or before) the Great War? Do you happen to know where they might have performed and the names of any of the other members of the troupe? I should love to see a print-out of the article, if you can send me a copy - that might also help me search further in my collection.
    Withe Best Wishes,
    Tony Lidington

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast