Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Convert parties

Interested to read your post on WW1 concert party research. We are looking for an Australian called 'Mac' who was a member of a concert party who performed at Sutton Veney and Paris as well as Rouen area. Any information you may have would be greatly appreciated.

Default Earlier message

A bit more information has come to light! The christian name of the soldier was George and the nickname was 'Mac'. There are photos of the party in pierot costumes and one of the groups had a name connected to the troopship Kanowna, hope that helps.

ourkid2

Hi Kate, l am knew to this site, but l noticed a thread of yours from last year,2013, regarding Bert Bray (my gt uncle John Jones ),who was a variety hall artist. his name is on the streatham park cemetery variety artists memorial.l would be very grateful for any information you might have regarding him. you say he has an important role in the talks you give on the role of concert parties during the first World War, how very interesting, l look forward to hearing from you, regards,A...

Hi Kate,
    I am researching the Wigan Comedian Tom Moss and wondered if you had come across him in your research? I recently found out he was a comedian/singer with the Mummers in WW1. Thanks,
    David

My friend's grandfather was also in the Pedlars concert party and has many photos and memorabilia he was Herbert Adams known as Sandy

Default Pedlars Concert Party

Quote Originally Posted by Emt.cox View Post
    My friend's grandfather was also in the Pedlars concert party and has many photos and memorabilia he was Herbert Adams known as Sandy
    Just noticed your message. My grandfather was in the Pedlars. Can you e-mail me on this address: pammie2 a t btinternet.com (put the symbol where it says a t ) to exchange information.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

My husband's great uncle was Leslie Fuller and I would like to see any photo's you have of the Ped'lars Concert Party. I don't know the name Harold Duce so when was he with them?

Default Pedlars Concert Party

Quote Originally Posted by Rosemary51 View Post
    My husband's great uncle was Leslie Fuller and I would like to see any photo's you have of the Ped'lars Concert Party. I don't know the name Harold Duce so when was he with them?
    If you e-mail me on the address in the previous post I can put you in touch with Sandy who is researching the Pedlars and has much more information than me.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

When was Herbert Adams with the Ped'lars?

gasser

Have you seen this? Hope link works. https://www.search.birminghamimages.o...=2&ThemeID=712

And this may be of interest as well .....https://theatricalia.com/person/1vmr/leslie-fuller
    Last edited by gasser; 23-08-2016 at 1:28 PM. Reason: Added extra

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast