Annamarie

Default Who were William Hildreth's parents...

... and where did they come from? William Hildreth's parents are appearing very elusive.

William was born in High Wycombe Buckinghamshire in 1809 according to the 1841 and 1851 census. He lived in Pole Cat Lane, Hughenden, Buckinghamshire with his wife Elizabeth, nee Baldwin, and children. William was a blacksmith. He died in 1853.

Hildreth was not a common name in Buckinghamshire. There are very few records for Hildreths living in Buckinghamshire in 1841. Nor does Bucks FHS list Hildreth as a common name. He may have had a brother Charles Hildreth born in 1810 in High Wycombe. I have no evidence so far to connect them but Charles was a family name. A tree on Ancestry suggests their father may have been a William Hildreth who died in High Wycombe in 1814.

Just an observation
    Both William and Charles married an Elizabeth and both wives were born Hughenden according to the 1851 census when Charles and Elizabeth are living in Berkshire.

On familysearch.org
    Charles Hildreth
    Spouse - Elizabeth Payne
    Date: 10 Oct 1831
    Hughenden,Buckingham,England

So no help there with a possible father and connection. I thought William's marriage to Elizabeth may have shown up in Hughenden but it didn't.

Annamarie

Thank you for searching Chrisanel. I've really drawn a blank with this one. There are quite a few trees on Ancestry including William and Charles but the owners appear to have come to a similar dead end. I have a comprehensive record for my Hildreth line to the present day. William is my brickwall.

I realise this is a very old thread. From My Heritage, I believe his parents were James Hildreth (b 1785) and Sarah Tanner, his wife Elizabeth Baldwin (1809-1852)

Welcome to the Brit-Gen forums Stewardbris.

Unfortunately not only is this an old thread, as you say, but the original poster is no longer a member of Brit-Gen as indicated by the 'Guest' under their user name. They may look in as a guest and see your post and the very helpful information is out there for others who may be doing the same research in the future so all is not lost.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs