Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

The following GRO Marriage Certificates were bought by me some 16 years ago as part of the original research on my lines. Copies of the records appear on Ancestry.Co through one of my Courlander cousins.

The Marriages are those of the three daughters of Louis Courlander and Gertrude Hart.

Hotel Cecil Strand London
    24 June 1902
    LEVY JACOBSON 29 Bachelor Draper(Maker)18 The Polygon Broughton Salford father-Jacob Jacobson deceased Merchant

ANNIE MAUDE COURLANDER 23 Spinster no occupation Hillgrove Altyre Road Croydon- father Louis Courlander Jeweller
    Married according to the ways of the Jews
    Witnesses-Jesse W WARD;Jno JONES

The New West End Synagogue St/Petersburgh Place Paddington London

1 December 1915
    LEO SEMJEN HIRSCHBERG 26 Bachelor Civil Engineer 36 Vincent Square Westminster father-Solomon Hirscheberg deceased Doctor of Medicine

ETHEL FREDERICA COURLANDER5 28 Spinster no occupation 17 Carlisle Mansions Carlisle Place Westminster -father Louis Courlander5 Jeweller

Married according to the usages of the Jews

Witnesses-DAVID HOLT;F W GODDARD

Register Office St George Hanover Square London

9 October 1918
    PERCY JOHN ROSS 32 Bachelor Major Australian Field Artillery Civil Service (Treasury) 3rd London General Hospital Wandsworth father Martin Liddell Rose Cordial Manufacturer

VIOLET COURLANDER 29 Spinster no occupation 17 Carlisle Mansions Carlisle Place - father Louis Courlander Jeweller

Witnesses-A P CRISP Major;A V RICHARDSON Major
    Phillip-Jewish,British Ancestry

"The only true dead are those who have been forgotten"

The following data relates to Maude Eva Courlander nee Phillips and her daughter Nancy Hermione Bodington nee Courlander aka Shelley Smith crime writer,authoress,screen play wright.
    1939 London Electoral Rolls-26 Northgate Westminter NW8 -Mrs Maud Eva Vincent-Courlander;Miss Nancy Hermione Bodinton;John Thomas Courlander;Miss Alice Crain

UK Outward Passenger List Departure for Marseilles 16 August 1935
    M Courlander-Vincent 56 -83 Upper Gloucester Place NW1; John Courlander-Vincent 14

1939 Register (Copyright TNA) RG101/466J
    Maude E Courlander-Vincent b 18 Feb 1879 Divorced Private Means
    Other record officially closed

26 Northgate St.Marylebone London

National Archives UK
    Divorce Court File 5841
    Appellant:Nancy Hermione BODINGTON -Respondent Stephen Bodington 1937

GRO Marriage Index Oct qtr 1933 Nancy Hermione Courlander=Stephen Bodington

Stephen Bodington 1909-1989 Political economist writer aka John Eaton

1939 Register (Copyright TNA) RG101 2541D
    Bankside Nursing Home Chailey Sussex
    Nancy H Bodington Patient Divorced Writer b 12 July 1912

GRO Death Index
    Nancy H Bodington age 85 Worthing Sussex April qtr 1998 18a 7861

There are no recorded children from the marriage.

Golders Green Crematorium Wall Plaque with inscription Maud E Courlander-Vincent see Findagrave; GRO Death Index Record Maud E courlander-Vincent Age 62 July qtr 1a 508 Marylebone

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by phillip View Post

1 December 1915
    LEO SEMJEN HIRSCHBERG 26 Bachelor Civil Engineer 36 Vincent Square Westminster father-Solomon Hirscheberg deceased Doctor of Medicine

ETHEL FREDERICA COURLANDER5 28 Spinster no occupation 17 Carlisle Mansions Carlisle Place Westminster -father Louis Courlander5 Jeweller

Married according to the usages of the Jews

Witnesses-DAVID HOLT;F W GODDARD

Register Office St George Hanover Square London
    Thank you for this information! These two were my great grandparents, through their daughter Rossi. I knew Leo changed his name to Bill but wasn't sure what from. This information is especially interesting as I'm a civil engineer too!

Thank you for your private e mail regarding Louis Courlander. I have replied to your message via the BG private e mail and look forward to hearing from you.

Good evening, is this thread still active? I have been researching aspects of the Courlander family for a number of years now, and have just discovered this site, and wanted to know if people are still active on this thread. My main area of interest is Roy Courlander. Please feel free to DM.

I have sent a private message regarding your post on Roy Courlander.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123