Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    firebird

Default DAVIS FAMILY of 9 Broomfield Ave DUBLIN

Am looking for any information on the Family of JACOB SAMUEL DAVIS b 1855 d 1930 Dublin,Son Abraham b1874,Son Lewis b1876,Son David b1885,Daughter Rebecca b1887,Daughter Annie b1889,Son Bernard b1891,Daughter Fanny b1893,Son Samuel b1895,Son Morris b 1897,Daughter Dora b 1889 and Son Harry b 1903 ;all the Children being born in Dublin

Kind Regards

gasser

Check this out .......from 4th entry down alongside name 'DAVIS,ABRAHAM SOLOMON'
    If you put in your 'find on this page search option' the name Jacob Samuel Davis you'll see there are 8 entries for him.
    https://
    archiver
    rootsweb.ancestry.com/th/read/IRL-CARLOW/2013-04/1365084622

This looks like Bernard's death.

Bernard Davis
    Estimated birth year about 1891
    Date of Registration Mar 1/4 1947
    Age at death 56
    Registration District - Dublin South
    Death Country - Ireland
    Vol 2 page 426

And a possible marriage record with a choice of brides
    Bernard Davis
    Marriage Registration Sep 1/4 1936
    Registration District - Dublin South
    Vol 2 page 497

Sheilagh Gargan
    Edith Green
    Martha Alexandra Craine
    Mary Arthurs

Lewis Davis
    Birth - 5 Sep 1876
    at Dublin Ireland
    Father - Jacob Davis
    Mother - Racheal Bennett

This one - mother's name - doesn't match with the brilliant info that gasser found

firebird

Default Re JACOB DAVIS

Thanks for the information,I have a copy of the original BC for ABRAHAM DAVIS born 20 Chancery Lane Dublin,he was born on 25th September 1874 ,his Father being JACOB DAVIS and Mother RACHAEL BARNETT who was presumably the First Wife of JACOB.

firebird

Thank you for taking the time to research.
    Kind Regards

firebird

Default DAVIS Family of DUBLIN

Quote Originally Posted by gasser View Post
    Check this out .......from 4th entry down alongside name 'DAVIS,ABRAHAM SOLOMON'
    If you put in your 'find on this page search option' the name Jacob Samuel Davis you'll see there are 8 entries for him.
    https://
    archiver
    rootsweb.ancestry.com/th/read/IRL-CARLOW/2013-04/1365084622
    Thank you so much for the informative listing which has progressed my research considerably.

gasser

Thank you so much for the informative listing which has progressed my research considerably.
    No probs......was just a lucky find! Glad it helps.

firebird

Default Re DAVIS FAMILY of DUBLIN, SOUTH AFRICAN Conn

Following on from my previous Thread , the 1871 Census for England (Birmingham) shows a BARNETT DAVIS b 1831 and his Wife ANNE b1837 both from Russian Poland and their 3 Children ,JACOB DAVIS b1855 from Russian Poland,ANNA DAVIS b1861 from Russian Poland,MOSES DAVIS b1864 from Russian Poland and finally my Grandfather BARNETT DAVIS b 1869 Sunderland Co Durham.
    I understand that either one or two siblings emigrated to South Africa but this does'nt include JACOB DAVIS who remained in IRELAND after his Marriage.
    Does anyone know of any connection with SOUTH AFRICA or knowledge of any other Brothers/Sisters of BARNETT DAVIS and where the Family went to after this Census Date .?
    Any information however slight would be very much appreciated.

Kindest Regards

Knowledgeable and helpful stepives's Avatar

I'm not sure if you've seen the 1901 & 1911 Irish census(which I think you have, and is free to view), they are living in WynneField Road, Rathmines, Dublin.

Jacob Davis (aged 48(1901 & aged 54(1911),Occ. Glazier, is apparently born Poland(1901 census(transcribed as Holland)), and all the family are of the hebrew/jewish faith.

Steve.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast