Betteal

Default Waters/George family Caithness

I am currently trying to establish links with anyone researching the following couple: James Waters and Elizabeth George, probably in or around the Wick area during the early to mid-1800s. I believe they had a son born around 1813 and named David Waters who in turn had an illegitimate son who was given his full name. The mother of the child was a Catherine McMillan although I don't think the couple ever married. The younger David Waters went on to marry a Catherine Morrison and he himself appears to have had a 'personal link' to the Morrison name prior to marrying Catherine. I'd be very interested in any further information on any of those individuals - Many thanks

kristi

Marriage cert 28 Nov 1879 13 Kinning Street, Glasgow gives David Waters parents as David Waters, shoemaker, deceased & Christina Morrison.
    parents of Kate Morrison - James Morrison, tinsmith, deceased & Barbara McMillan.
    If you go to www.freecen.org.uk Wick parish Caithness 1861 census shows Christina Morrison, her sons, sister Janet & her sons. I don't see Christina on 1871 census but there is a death for a Christina Morrison mother's name Sinclair 1862 Wick.
    hope this helps
    Kristi