dwatch

Default access parish records on computer

Thomas Watchorn,Bn.20 Jun 1801-Wycombe & Chadwell. Parents-William & Elizabeth. Married Dorothy Frisby (bn.3 Feb 1814 Branston) 21 Oct. 1834 -Branston. Parents Thomas & Ann Frisby.Need to confirm correct info. but unsure how to do this on computer.any Help ?

I have had a quick look on familysearch.org and Thomas' baptism is there so it is possible the other records are there for you to find.
    https://familysearch.org/search
    The record didn't come up when I put in the place name but when I replaced it with just England it was there. Sometimes you have to work around the idiosyncracies of different sites. (or it could just be me! Nah - no way.)

If you can't find them give us a yell and we will look in to it further but will let you have the fun of discovery first.
    Christina

Nicolina

FreeReg has transcribed the marriages for Branston (no births or deaths yet) and a search for FRISBY only shows 2. One is for Thomas WATCHORNE (note spelling) & Dorothy FRISBY, by licence. The other is a marriage between Thomas FRISBY and Ann RUXBY on 20th Feb 1797.

janbooth

Hugh Wallis's IGI site has the birth date (3 Feb 1814) and baptismal date for Dorothy (7 Feb 1814), parents Thomas & Ann. This is an extracted record from the parish registers so is likely to be correct. Could this be Dorothy's burial record (which confirms a birth date c1814):

Dorothy WATCHORN buried 7 August 1886 at Waltham on the Wolds, aged 72 PLUS
    Thomas WATCHORN buried 2 February 1870 at Waltham on the Wolds, aged 68

which would confirm Thomas's birthdate (source Leicestershire FHS Burial Index). I note that Thomas & Dorothy were in Waltham in census records, so the above burials are probably correct. If so, there are the following burials at Waltham who could be their children who died young:

19 January 1841 Elizabeth WATCHORN, aged 1
    26 January 1845 Thomas WATCHORN, infant

There is also a burial record at Branston by Belvoir on 23 September 1854 of a Thomas FRISBY, aged 83 and one at the same place on 15 December 1857 of an Ann FRISBY, aged 83 - could these be Dorothy's parents?

There is also a burial at Branston on 7 February 1858 of an Elizabeth WATCHORN, aged 88 and I see that in the 1851 census of Branston (HO107/2091, folio 520, page 1) there is an Elizabeth WATCHORN, widow, aged 81 living with son in law & daughter Thomas & Elizabeth REEVE, the latter Elizabeth being aged 46 and born in Chadwell, so this could perhaps be the burial of your Thomas's mother.

Hope this gives you a bit more information.

Janet

leicparreg

dwatch

If you want a copy of the records Leicester Parish Register indexes PR. They might have the ones you want.

J