susie89

Default Thomas Hancock 1763-1839

Hi

I am researching my 3rd great grandfather Thomas Hancock he was married to Sarah Hendy, I am trying to find his parents but have hit a brick wall! He was born in Herbranston, Pembrokeshire, Wales. Anyone know where I can get the info I need?

Susie

Brick wall demolition expert!

Can I ask where u have got birth year and place from? Could he have been born elsewhere from where he married

susie89

Default Thomas Hancock

I am not sure where he was born, there is a possibility he was born in Carmarthenshire. I know he married and lived in Herbranston, but could have been born elsewhere.

Thanks

Reputation beyond repute

But if he was married, you surely know his father's name because it's on the marriage certificate.

susie89

I do not have a certificate, I had this from the records office in Pembrokeshire:

Thomas Hancock and Sarah Hendy were married, by banns, at Herbrandston parish church on 17 January 1784, both bride and groom living in Herbrandston at the time of their marriage. The witnesses were Mary Hendy of Hubberston and Thomas Jenkins of Hubberston. Marriage certificates prior to 1 July 1837 do not include the names of the fathers of the bride and groom.

Susie

Reputation beyond repute

Yes I'm sorry I didn't read your message closely enough. I should have realised that for those dates there would not be a certificate.

I have moved this to the Pembrokeshire forum as the BMD certificates Forum only really deals with post 1837 civil registration
    Sue Mackay
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids