Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Reputation beyond repute

But that only applies to the person (‘head of household’) receiving the annual household canvass
    I never said otherwise but it seems to be relevant to what Wendy was saying about a husband declining to register his wife. It wasn't permitted.

Very relevant to Wendy’s enquiry I would have thought
    That's possibly the future but genealogy is firmly in the past. In any case electoral registers have been of limited use for tracking people down ever since people got the right to be exclude from the publicly available registers.

Name well known on Brit-Gen

All good thanks Peter & Malcolm.
    Hearing as we do over here that voting in Uk is not compulsory, so you get the Gov't you vote for (or don't), made me wonder if, in the past where I spend a lot of time, persons we can't find had either married & changed name, died, moved away or just didn't enrol. However in London Electoral rolls, each household seems to be mentioned, no missing numbers- although perhaps some residents were not counted if several rooms to a house?

I have read some ghastly books purporting to tell of the lives of people back then which is where I got the idea of Man keeping Woman out of the limelight.(not done don't you know), also the so very poor conditions of housing & tenants.

Genealogy is a disease which brings out all sorts of side issues.
    Happy Families
    Wendy
    Count your Blessings, they'll all add up in the end.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12