LindaAppleby48

Question Ada Stevians (Stevens)

I am still trying to obtain any information on my Gt Gt grandmother Ada Stevians (as spelt on marriage certificate to Walter Liversedge). Prior to her marriage their appears to be no record of her. Any help or advice in finding her would be appreciated. Linda Appleby

malcolm99

Hello Linda

Presumably their marriage was the one in Leeds in 1875 and in the 1881 Census in Leeds> RG11 Piece 4531 fol. 46 p. 8
    Last edited by malcolm99; 12-04-2013 at 8:06 PM. Reason: added census ref

LindaAppleby48

Yes thats her. I managed to see the banns but before that shes an enigma.

malcolm99

Linda, you say you have seen the banns but do you have a copy of their marriage certificate?

Notes:
    Other censuses are:
    1891: RG12 Piece 3704 fol. 8 p. 9
    1901: RG13 Piece 4236 fol. 55 p. 20
    1911: RG14 PN27043 SN144 (Walter is at RG14 PN26932 SN88)

Ada possibly came from Outwood, near Leeds/Wakefield

Brick wall demolition expert!

Have you a copy of the marriage cert as this will give you her fathers name..if not you should get it as there is always a chance she was a widow in which case Stevian/Stevens would not be her birth name..do you have any of her childrens birth certificates??

Found marriage certificate..Father George Stevians bookeeper..spelt Steviaus on record
    Liveridge is how the name is spelt on wedding record one of the witnesses is Edward Thornhill

Reputation beyond repute

(as spelt on marriage certificate to Walter Liversedge)
    1. What does the marriage certificate say? Particularly her name and her father's name.

2. The words used strongly suggest that you do not have a birth certificate for at least one of their children. It is essential to have at least one because birth certificates tend to be more informative about the mother's previous names. This I suggest is your next step.