Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Smile The birth of Queenie Nellie M S Eady

Hi,
    I am looking for the birth records of the above lady. Her parents were William John Eady and Annie Elizabeth Grant, they were married in the Isle of Wight in the Dec quarter of 1908. William was born in Lavenham, Suffolk, and Annie was born in Maldon Essex, according to the 1911 census. But, the census says, that the couple did not have any children, but Queenie's daughter, who is now in her 80's, knows her Mum was born on the 30th August 1909!! although, she doesn't know where she was born!

Can anyone help please?

Also, I understand that if you are looking for someone who is still alive, one shouldn't put their details on the internet, out of respect. If anyone can help me with current directory enquiries on a personal basis, please e-mail me.

Hope to hear from someone soon.

Regards,

Carol

Brick wall demolition expert!

I have had a look at the original 1911 census form signed by William John Eady, and its difficult to understand why he would say that he had no children, and sign a form to that effect.

Has your friend got Queenie's death certificate? The reason for asking is how were her first names recorded? Did Queenie marry, and if so what does it say on that certificate, not only about her but also about her father.

malcolm99

I see that Queenie N M S Eady married Sidney F Morgans in Cosford RD (Suffolk) in June Q 1930.

Mutley

I suggest you get hold of the British Army WWI Pension Records 1914-1920

William served in the Suffolk regiment (number 6179) and was taken a prisoner of war at the Somme.

The pension records will explain why you cannot find a birth record for Queenie and I think it better you read it yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutley View Post
    I suggest you get hold of the British Army WWI Pension Records 1914-1920

William served in the Suffolk regiment (number 6179) and was taken a prisoner of war at the Somme.

The pension records will explain why you cannot find a birth record for Queenie and I think it better you read it yourself.
    Hi,

Please, please , please tell me what you have found, I am desperate to know, and won't sleep tonight if I don't know what you have uncovered.
    Many thanks
    Desperate!!

Mutley

Have sent you a PM.

terrysfamily

Quote Originally Posted by Mutley View Post
    After searching for Queenie with every combination I could think of, I now so want to know the answer.

Terry

malcolm99

There's a good reason Terry - nothing wrong but just something that could be a bit sensitive. I've sent you a PM.

Reputation beyond repute

Have the rules changed?

SueNSW

Not sure I'm totally following you about the child Mutley though I can see where you're coming from - but for now - in the quest for accuracy - William as an ex regular soldier and a reservist at the outbreak of war was recalled to service and taken prisoner in August 1914 - so not at the Somme. The reference is to Senne - a POW camp where he was held - near Paderborn I believe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast