kevynne

Default Marriage information

I have a baptism for Charlotte brooks date 25.9.1814 at parish of st.george Middlesex, parents were william and Charlotte brooks.
    Is it possible to find a marriage date for the parents and surname for Charlotte, her mother please.
    Thank you for your help.
    Kevynne

richard40

The Parish of St George in the East, took in Wapping and Stepney, it was the London Dock area before the building of the Royal Docks further East. If you obtain the birth certificate for Charlotte her mothers maiden should be there, parish records will possibly list the marriage if of that parish.

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by richard40 View Post
    The Parish of St George in the East, took in Wapping and Stepney, it was the London Dock area before the building of the Royal Docks further East. If you obtain the birth certificate for Charlotte her mothers maiden should be there, parish records will possibly list the marriage if of that parish.
    Richard, you forgot to check the date of Charlotte's birth - 1814. (Been there and done that myself in my eagerness
    to help! )
    That's pre-civil registration which started in 1837, so there will be no birth certificate as we know it.

Pam

sueannbowen

Quote Originally Posted by kevynne View Post
    I have a baptism for Charlotte brooks date 25.9.1814 at parish of st.george Middlesex, parents were william and Charlotte brooks.
    Is it possible to find a marriage date for the parents and surname for Charlotte, her mother please.
    Thank you for your help.
    Kevynne
    An***ry has the baptism right enough, William was a ropemaker. But I cannot find a marriage for William and Charlotte. As you probably know there are no marriage for St George in the East on the IGI for that period. I did a quick search for other siblings, just in case Charlotte was the last in a long line of children but didn't come up with any others in that parish with those parents. There are images of the actual register pages for that period on An***try but I haven't got the time to go through them at the mo - will have a squizz later.

Name well known on Brit-Gen

ditto to Sue's reply, checked my discs also,, no joy there either.
    Happy Families
    Wendy
    Count your Blessings, they'll all add up in the end.

richard40

Thank's for pointing out my eagerness Pam.
    I have had dealings of my own there at St George, All of my Victorians on mum's side from 1800 to 1900 were from that parish.
    Irish Immigrant's.

kevynne

Thank you to everybody for your help with my william and Charlotte Brooks.
    Really appreciate it.
    Regards,
    Kevynne