Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    terrysfamily

Sorry erniepar, I have searched everywhere I can think of for information on the 3 in your post #9. What I have posted in post #10 is all that I have been able to come up with.

Sorry I have been of little help.

Maybe THIS thread may be of use to you. (just click on the blue THIS and it will take you there.)

Terry

Default Powlesland in South Australia

Quote Originally Posted by erniepar View Post
    I am researching the family and descendants of James Thomas Powlesland who went to Adelaide abt 1872-8 almost certainly embarking at Plymouth, and whose son George appears frequently in connection with SA railways.My great grandmother was a Powlesland.
    Hi Ernie,
    Are you still researching Powlesland in South Australia? My ancestor was also connected with SAR, where Geo. Thomas P. worked. Recent information on that Powlesland family is available.

I hope this post is helpful. McGene
    Last edited by McGene; 25-01-2017 at 11:45 AM. Reason: grammar

Were Kenneth, Frederick Chas & Madge located in the UK or SA?

erniepar

Many thanks. I've just returned to this after a gap so your reply was very timely! The names mentioned are all SA based but I have no idea if they directly connect to George Th. P. All I know of any descendants of his is there was a daughter Edith Margaret P. born 1907. Hope we may be able to help each other.
    Ernie

erniepar

Follow up to earlier reply. I believe Geo. Th P. had another daughter Nancy Aileen b. 1911 but am not sure now where I got that from in 2013- possibly an obituary.
    Ernie

Birth on ancestry.The original image is not available to view and the birth date has not been transcribed with a particular year.
    Nancy Aileen Powlesland
    Birth Date Abt 1907-1916
    Birth Place South Australia
    Registration Year 1907-1916
    Registration Place =South Australia, Australia
    Father Powlesland
    Page Number 349

On Find a Grave
    Nancy Aileen Phelan
    Born 1911
    Died 7 Sept 2008
    Cemetery = Centennial Park Cemetery
    Burial or Cremation Place - Pasadena, Mitcham City, South Australia, Australia

There are some trees on ancestry which have her husband as Sylvester Michael Pierce Phelan - marriage 6 July 1939.

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Default Powlesland

Good Morning

I can confirm that the J.P.O. McGuire in your tree is a brother of my late gf. A direct descendant of the late J.P.O. McGuire and his P. bride will contact you in due course.

Pleased to have helped you.

Thumbs up Connecting via email

Quote Originally Posted by erniepar View Post
    Many thanks. I've just returned to this after a gap so your reply was very timely! The names mentioned are all SA based but I have no idea if they directly connect to George Th. P. All I know of any descendants of his is there was a daughter Edith Margaret P. born 1907. Hope we may be able to help each other.
    Ernie
    Yes, just spoke to someone in S.A. who knew Aunty Marg. aka Edith Margaret P. born 1907. There is apparently an extensive amount of research re the P. family from Devon. Are you able to post an email address make contact with a niece of Edith Margaret P?

i I am A granddaughter of George Powlesland and live in Adelaide, South Australia. My Mother was one of his two girls, no sons! My name is Judith Williamson and my e-mail address is judith_ williamson (at) rocketmail.com
    Last edited by Lesley Robertson; 28-08-2022 at 7:49 AM. Reason: Email address deactivated for spam avoidance

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12