Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Welcome to Brit-Gen Dsprendergast

Steve Smith is not a member of Brit-Gen so will not know you are wanting to contact him.

As this post was only started last year and it gives Steve Smith"s residence as Alice Springs and his occupation as teacher he may still be living and working there.
    You could try contacting him through the school or using the white pages for a phone number.

Good luck

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Hatshepsut

What a wonderful story and so glad it had a happy ending. Good onya Sandra

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Dsprendergast, if you google 'Constable David Prendergast' you should find links which may lead you to Steve.

Try here & ask for copy from April 2013. Or if on FBook, try there.
    https://www.
    ntnews.com.au/
    Happy Families
    Wendy
    Count your Blessings, they'll all add up in the end.

Sandra Parker

As already said, Steve Smith would know nothing of your desire to contact him. It was the original story that appealed to me, and even more thrilled when the watch and owner were reunited and that there had been a new family connection because of it.
    Apart from the suggestions already given, you could contact 'The Centralian Advocate' through News Ltd and ask them to publish your letter, giving a brief outline.
    Sandra

Dsprendergast

Thank you so much to all those who made helpful suggestions. I have already been in contact with Steve Smith, who has in turn put me in touch with another cousin, who I did not know existed. The David Prendergast, to whom the watch was awarded was my uncle. He was born in Rathcormac, Co. Cork, Ireland in the 1890s, one of a family of 14. I died as a child and 8 emigrated to England. Some never returned home. One reason was fear of reprisal for having served in the British Forces. My father occupied the old homestead as does my sister to this day. Therefore we see it as our duty to arrange a clan gathering for the several generations of offspring. 12 of the 14 had children. We are planning this for summer of 2015, hence our desire to contact as many as possible. Thank you all for your help.

Name well known on Brit-Gen

good news Dsprendergast, & happy gatherings with your Family.
    Happy Families
    Wendy
    Count your Blessings, they'll all add up in the end.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12