Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    KrysEmery

Quote Originally Posted by MattRS
    Hi all,

Sorry to break into the thread but I've been scouring the web for some now looking for background on the Chartist Ernest Charles Jones (1819-1869), as he is my great great grandfather. I was hugely surprised to come across this thread accidentally via Google.

I have been trying to find details of Ernest's other children - I believe that himself and Jane Atherley had 3, but I can only find details of Llewellyn Atherley-Jones QC. I believe I descend from one of the other two children - my own grandfather is Ernest Jones, who died around 1953. He married my grandmother, Eva Bennett in the 1930's.

I know it's definitely the same line, as Major Charles Jones (as he became) was equerry to Ernest Augustus (Duke of Cumberland / King of Hanover). The King was also godfather to Ernest Charles, and the reason that a whole line of 'Ernests' were christened.

My uncle (who still has the Jones name) has both an inscribed sword belonging to Major Charles (with an inscription from the King), the family crest in a wax sealing stamp - plus his diary from the Battle of Waterloo. I haven't seen these for some time, but am hoping to take copies of the pages shortly. The diary is amazing as it shows how he kept the finances for his troops and horses.

I'd love to hear of any more info people may have on my branch of the family..

Thanks in advance

Matt
    Hi Matt,

I have a just looked at the 1851 census for Ernest Jones and Jane G Jones. They are listed as having 3 children -

Edward S K Jones 6
    Ernest B A Jones 9
    Llewellyn A A Jones 4

The reference is HO107/1467/295 Page: 48 and 49

Hope this helps

Krys

Teresa Yrujo

Default Direct descendent of Carlos Martínez de Irujo (Yrujo)

I have just link to this thread and I´m very interested in Lavinia de Yrujo.
    My name is Teresa Calero martínez de Irujo and I´m a direct descendant from Carlos Martínez de Yrujo, my grand father was Luis Martínez de Irujo, Marques de los Arcos.
    I known that your forum was from 2005, but until now we got interested ( me and my sisters) on Carlos Martínez de Irujo and that, because of the relation with Thomas mackean signer of the American Independence for Delaware as we are interested on becoming daughter of the American revolution, as I said we were not really interested on him as special character but as the great grand father of my mother that had married an american,
    If you would be so kind as to send me more information on Lavinia and the rest of the family, I can give you a relation on her father's Spanish side.
    I´ll be going to London in November and I'll try to see Lavinia's burial place.

Does any one know were I could find information on where I could see the pao¿intings that Henry Fuseli made of her?

Hope to hear from you
    Teresa Calero Martínez de Irujo

bridgetrm

Default De Irujo descendant too!

I have just logged in and I am also a descendant of the De irujos and jutsums.

My gg grandfather was George Caleb Jutsum 1850-1895, my gt grandmother was Charlotte Jutsum 1879-1947, my grandmother was Bessie Smith born 1914, and my mum is Linda Rawlings, Bessie's daughter from her first marriage to Fred Rawlings.

The De Irujo story particularly interests me and I would love to learn about any living Spanish relatives - and of course any others at all!

Thanks

Bridget

bridgetrm

Default Fusel's portrait of Lavinia

I think the Fuseli may be in either Auckland or Wellington Art Gallery in NZ.

Bridget

frederica

Default jutsum

Snap. George Calebjutsum is my g.great grandfather .
    Love to connect >
    frederickay.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Major Charles Jones

Quote Originally Posted by MattRS View Post
    Hi all,

Sorry to break into the thread but I've been scouring the web for some now looking for background on the Chartist Ernest Charles Jones (1819-1869), as he is my great great grandfather. I was hugely surprised to come across this thread accidentally via Google.

I have been trying to find details of Ernest's other children - I believe that himself and Jane Atherley had 3, but I can only find details of Llewellyn Atherley-Jones QC. I believe I descend from one of the other two children - my own grandfather is Ernest Jones, who died around 1953. He married my grandmother, Eva Bennett in the 1930's.

I know it's definitely the same line, as Major Charles Jones (as he became) was equerry to Ernest Augustus (Duke of Cumberland / King of Hanover). The King was also godfather to Ernest Charles, and the reason that a whole line of 'Ernests' were christened.

My uncle (who still has the Jones name) has both an inscribed sword belonging to Major Charles (with an inscription from the King), the family crest in a wax sealing stamp - plus his diary from the Battle of Waterloo. I haven't seen these for some time, but am hoping to take copies of the pages shortly. The diary is amazing as it shows how he kept the finances for his troops and horses.

I'd love to hear of any more info people may have on my branch of the family..

Thanks in advance

Matt
    Matt,

I was reading through these old posts. Were you ever able to find the sword or the diary? I am related up through the Jutsum side and really interested. My Dad knew nothing of his family and it has been fascinating to find. He was very much interested in history, I wish he were still here to know about this connection, he would have been researching further I am sure! Thanks! Kerry

Hi Kerry and welcome to the British Genealogy forums. Unfortunately the original poster and the others who are researching the same family are no longer members of Brit-Gen as indicated by the word 'Guest" under their name and we can't alert them to your post because we do not store any information for those who have left the forum.
    It may be that they do visit but not as members so could see your post and rejoin us.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123