Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Geoffers

Quote Originally Posted by frederickay
    i am researching Lavinia De yrujo daughter of Count don carlos de irujo........i am looking in particular for lavinia s burial. i know she died 2 nd . Oct. 1866 while living at 123 Fulham rd.
    Did she leave a will in which she specified where she wanted to be buried?

Geoffer

frederickay

Thumbs up jutsum / de irujo

hi yes this is the same guy. myy ggggrandmother Lavinia is is illegitermate daughter. she did live at 6 blizard pl.brompton as refer to forum further up page but was not buried there when i contacted them again. all her life from 4th nov 1794 her bap. she was associatated with St Lukes Parish . chelsea. i have tried many cemetries.
    her father was Don carlos . he was real political creature . her lover Major charles Jones who she had two daughters with was the father of Ernest Jones the poet and chartist.
    don Carlos did get sent from america . his son went on to become prime minister of spain.thank you for the times article i had not seen that . i enjoy all the titbits it adds to the flavour. thanks again . jan

frederickay

Question jutsum /de irujo.

sorry ,she did leave a will but no instructions. i must find where her daughter lived . maybe she was buried there .?
    she still had the leasehold on her property ,then known as 123 Fulham rd. and 400 pounds.she left this to her daughter fredericka and frances. frances augusta has eluded us. she was married to samuel clifton and lived in Shangai china in 1866. thats a challenge to find her . thanks for any help. jan

frederickay

Default don carlos

hi ,i have just had a another look at the dates . i think that is the son . my Don Carlos Martinez de irujo was the 1st Marquis de casa irujo and died in 1824. i believe the son was Don Carlos Ferndidad and may have been the first duke of Sotomayer. i know we definately have the Duke of Sotomayer in the family but dont have all the paper work in front of me.
    de irujo came from Navarre area. thanks for that times article . i have the sons will here somewhere but it is in tiny writing i can barely distinguish.
    jan

frederickay

Unhappy fernindad irujo

hi further to thta message this don carlos is the son of the orginal. and lavinias half brother.
    his full name was fernindad de irujo y mckean.
    his father carlos died in 1824,
    i have lavinia baptised in dec. 1794 at st. Marylebone as daughter of Sarah and carlos de irujo. but no record of her parents marriage . i believe they werent married but the mother was still calling herself mrs de irujo in 1841 census.
    i am looking for Lavinias burial. i havelooked in National burial index=not in london
    greater london burial index =stopped in 1850s ,she died in 1866.
    i have her death cert but have no record of her burial . can someone help please. thanks jan

Wirral

Have you tried a lookup in the newspapers for London? Even if their is no obituary article, there is likely to be a noticen of the death. The notice in the BMD column sometimes gives the place & time of the funeral.

frederickay

Question de yrujo

Quote Originally Posted by Geoffers
    Did she leave a will in which she specified where she wanted to be buried?

Geoffer
    wow . i founfd her. after much looking she is at Brompton . as one of our submitters said some time ago. for some reason thye said she wasnt there . but
    lavinia de irujo
    fredericka jutsum and lavinias daughter fredericka jutsum nee de irujo are buried in brompton cemtery in a private plot.
    lavinia burial number 46894
    fred b.number 136110
    and fredericka b.number. 156987.
    i am so excited i dont know quite what else i do to find anymore info. i have a daughter arriving in london for THREE days on the 26th april 2006 so i might try and get her to have a look for a headstone but it a lot to ask .
    what else do i find out from the burial numbers etc . thanks to everyone for helping me . jan

MattRS

Default The Jones family

Hi all,

Sorry to break into the thread but I've been scouring the web for some now looking for background on the Chartist Ernest Charles Jones (1819-1869), as he is my great great grandfather. I was hugely surprised to come across this thread accidentally via Google.

I have been trying to find details of Ernest's other children - I believe that himself and Jane Atherley had 3, but I can only find details of Llewellyn Atherley-Jones QC. I believe I descend from one of the other two children - my own grandfather is Ernest Jones, who died around 1953. He married my grandmother, Eva Bennett in the 1930's.

I know it's definitely the same line, as Major Charles Jones (as he became) was equerry to Ernest Augustus (Duke of Cumberland / King of Hanover). The King was also godfather to Ernest Charles, and the reason that a whole line of 'Ernests' were christened.

My uncle (who still has the Jones name) has both an inscribed sword belonging to Major Charles (with an inscription from the King), the family crest in a wax sealing stamp - plus his diary from the Battle of Waterloo. I haven't seen these for some time, but am hoping to take copies of the pages shortly. The diary is amazing as it shows how he kept the finances for his troops and horses.

I'd love to hear of any more info people may have on my branch of the family..

Thanks in advance

Matt

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by frederickay
    wow . i founfd her. after much looking she is at Brompton . lavinia burial number 46894
    fred b.number 136110
    and fredericka b.number. 156987.
    i have a daughter arriving in london for THREE days on the 26th april 2006 so i might try and get her to have a look for a headstone but it a lot to ask .
    what else do i find out from the burial numbers etc . thanks to everyone for helping me . jan
    Hi Jan,
    All cemeteries should have records of who is buried in which plot, and exactly where in the cemetery the plot is. One cemetery I know also has records of whether there is a memorial of any kind for a particular plot.
    A google for Brompton Cemetery will give lots of links (though any URL with 'royal parks' in it will be slow to load). BT.com give a different phone number to the one quoted on the web site for the Brompton Cemetery Friends.
    Pam

frederickay

Unhappy lavinia ..brompton

hi i have now been told she has a lovely headstone with all the writing legible.. quote unquote the brompton cemetery. all i need now is to get a photo. my family have all been to london but were either too tired or too lost ,hungover to go to cemetery. they dont know the torture it is to be so far away. oh well i will get there myself one day. thanks for your answer. jan

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast