Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    harleyallison

Smile Another name for ???????????

Hi Please can anyone tell me what another name for Minnie is.I have my great grandfather Frank Boyles army records where he states his brother name and his sisters name Minnie.I know all about my great grandfathers family except Minnie.
    I have tried looking for a birth under Mary Boyles but found nothing.Her fathers name was William Boyles born 1853 Somerset I know his wife Mary Ann Flew died young so mabe he married again in Ebbw Vale and then had a daughter ????????????????
    Thank you for any help
    Last edited by harleyallison; 19-03-2013 at 8:40 PM. Reason: ad to

Nicolina

the 1881 Census for Brendon Hill, Old Cleeve (RG11 Folio: 151 Piece 2355 Page 39) has:
    William aged 28
    Mary A. aged 26
    Frank aged 1
    Selina FLEUR (sister) aged 19

Nicolina

in 1901 there is a 17year old Minnie BOYLES, born Wales, living with her 74 year old Grandmother (Eliza BOYLES) at Woodford Street, Nettlecombe (RG13 Folio: 90 Piece Folio 2263 Page !).
    Could Eliza be William's mother? Will check when I get back.

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Wilhelmina, Miriam & Mary have all been shortened to Minnie.

I had an Aunt whose names were nothing like the above, but she was always known as Aunt 'Min'.
    Happy Families
    Wendy
    Count your Blessings, they'll all add up in the end.

Nicolina

Minnie can also be a name in it's own right.

Name well known on Brit-Gen

My gt Aunt Minnie was Marion Eleanor

Mutley

As said Minnie is a name in it's own right and the short version of Mary, Minerva, and Wilhelmina.
    Interesting that Wilhelmina or Willmina (various other spellings) is the female version of William.

CanadianCousin

I've also seen Minnie as a diminutive for Amelia - my grandfather's half-sister was one such, and I know of at least one other.

HTH -

Tim

BMcAleer

I have several women in my family named Mary who were called Minnie, and also a Wilhelmina. And some were just named Minnie.

Reputation beyond repute

have my great grandfather Frank Boyles army records where he states his brother name and his sisters name Minnie
    I'm looking at the service record. I can see his brother, Charles, down as next of kin. I can see Minnie shown as a witness at Frank's wedding. Where does it say that Minnie is his sister?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast