Thread: Mary Sullivan

Starting to feel at home

Default Mary Sullivan

i am having a problem trying to find the marriage of my great aunt mary sullivan from fermoyle or loughane sneem co kerry. she married thomas casey from glenlough castlecove co kerry arund 1867 in sneem church.i have found two marrages in the kerry parish records. first thomas casey from glenlough castlecove co kerry he married mary sullivan from n r on 27/2/1867 in sneem church. second thomas casey from glenlough castlecove he married mary sullivan from n r on 19/10/1867 in sneem church. how can i find out which mary sullivan is my great aunt.there is no adress for the bride in the records just NR.
    hope some one can help thanks maurice

Knowledgeable and helpful

Are the father’s names different in the two marriages?
    ELWYN

Starting to feel at home

thank you elwyn soutter for replying, unfortunately both records have NR as entries for father and mother

Famous for offering help & advice

I don't know if this refers to the Feb marriage you found on Irish genealogy - but on Family search there is a marriage of a Thomas Cassey (note spelling) on 26 Feb 1867 (note date) at Sneem. Spouse Mary Sullivan Clifford. Groom's father John Cassey

May be worth looking at.

Famous for offering help & advice

And although many marriages were still not being registered there is a possibility of civil registration. On family search I can see only one Thomas - a Thomas Cassey, Kenmare 1867. But it doesn't indicate name of wife.

I think I'm thinking that the Feb marriage could be of a widowed Mary Clifford nee Sullivan and a possibility of her being older than the other one.

Did your Thomas and Mary have children?

pattenwalsh

The 1867 marriage at Kenmare 1867 of Thomas Cassey with no wifes name has a vol 5 page 395 reference and, if you then search for a Mary Clifford marriage 1867 Kenmare you get the same vol and page number so this is the marriage of Thomas Cassey to Mary Clifford.

pattenwalsh

There is then also a baptism Sneem 30 /11/1867 0f Elizabeth Casey of Glenlough daughter of Thomas Casey and Mary Sullivan