Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Name well known on Brit-Gen

I may have to take a lookee then, how super really, just like their own little forum then? Same as having a page for just distant Family, & having friends drop in.
    Happy Families
    Wendy
    Count your Blessings, they'll all add up in the end.

Famous for offering help & advice

malcolm99 how do you find these groups? Just searching for places on Facebook? I had a shirt-tail relative that added me to one for parts of Gravesend, but I haven't even explored it that much. I find searching on Facebook difficult as you can't narrow down the search enough.

Sue

sueannbowen

How about the relevant Family History Group? It's too late (and I am geographically challenged) for me to work out east or west surrey but if I was having to choose it would be east! Lol never rely on me for directions Wendy xxx

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by malcolm99 View Post
    If its run by Croydon people they'll let anyone join (seriously though it's dead easy - these types of sites (which are wonderfully democratic) always welcome anyone who's interested in their locality - my favourite is Now and Then Walworth).
    Many thanks Malcolm, I had a google,then a visit which may have lasted too long, had I not hauled myself out to go visit elsewhere. On a roll here.

Sueann, I can no longer be sure which is the relevant FHgroup,(can't afford to join anymore now) Having checked a map, I had thought Croydon to be N.N.E. in Surrey but the maps & councils seem to think Croydon is still in South London. My letters all go to Surrey tho' & so far have arrived okay.

Off to face more books now.
    Happy Families
    Wendy
    Count your Blessings, they'll all add up in the end.

malcolm99

Quote Originally Posted by susan-y View Post
    malcolm99 how do you find these groups? Just searching for places on Facebook?.... Ifind searching on Facebook difficult as you can't narrow down the search enough.
    Sue
    Pure serendipity Sue. I've never gone out to look for one and I never thought they'd be 'my thing', but I came across a link to the Walworth group once and just clicked. I found it fascinating because there were so many old photos on it and then some of the posts are really fascinating and most are just from ordinary folk. I've never actually joined because I really just use the site as a sort of magazine, popping in occasionally and glancing through the pages.

Goodness knows how you find these sites without stumbling across them - I find FB navigation to be totally non-existent!

Famous for offering help & advice

Quote Originally Posted by malcolm99 View Post
    Goodness knows how you find these sites without stumbling across them - I find FB navigation to be totally non-existent!
    So do I Malcolm....thought maybe you had a secret to share!! The one that i was connected with is very interesting as well and I use it as a library book to look at the pictures as well as I know nothing about it to add input. its nice some folks out there have gone to the trouble to make these pages.

Sue

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12