meks1980

Default 201st Field Coy, Royal Engineers

Hi, I am hoping to find some more information regarding 201st Field Corp. I found out that my Great Grandfather Pioneer Albert Brandwood was killed in Action and is buried in Cerisy-Gailly Military Cemetery. His number 83114, He died on 22 June 1916 Age 43

I have been able to find a picture of his grave but I suppose I would like to know more about him to add to his entry. Any Advise or additional information anyone can provide would be grateful.

Reputation beyond repute

Luckily the War Diary of the 201st Field Company, Royal Engineers, Nov 1915-May 1919 is available.

See the catalogue

https://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/c...accessmethod=0

meks1980

Thank you. I will check this out and see if I can order a copy.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hope this finds you. I am currently researching the Harland and Wolff WW1 Casualties, one of whom is your gr grandfather. Hoping to find photograph of him in Uniform - there seems to be a copy on Ancestry. Any help appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by meks1980 View Post
    Hi, I am hoping to find some more information regarding 201st Field Corp. I found out that my Great Grandfather Pioneer Albert Brandwood was killed in Action and is buried in Cerisy-Gailly Military Cemetery. His number 83114, He died on 22 June 1916 Age 43

I have been able to find a picture of his grave but I suppose I would like to know more about him to add to his entry. Any Advise or additional information anyone can provide would be grateful.

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Hello BarbaraA,

Welcome to British-Genealogy.

meks1980 hasn't visited the forum since 2014 but if they are still using the same email then they should receive notification of your post.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Many thanks for your response.

Barbara