Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 40
  1. #1
    Knowledgeable and helpful
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ramsgate, Kent where the seagulls are ignoring the weather and making plans.
    Posts
    964

    Default You know you are senile when............

    ... you get really really excited to find a 'stificate for someone in your tree, order it and then find out 2 days later that you did exactly that a year ago. Bummocks. [Gets coat......... shuffles off muttering darkly]

  2. #2
    Loves to help with queries
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    199

    Default

    Does it help if you know you are not alone?

  3. #3
    Always willing to share my ignorance... busyglen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Kent, the Garden of England
    Posts
    2,346

    Default

    I did this several years ago.....serves me right for not putting the certificate where it should have been!!

  4. #4
    Knowledgeable and helpful
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ramsgate, Kent where the seagulls are ignoring the weather and making plans.
    Posts
    964

    Default

    Yes - it does a bit. But clearly demonstrates my very poor admin. I was cast iron certain she was a new find. Ho hum.....

  5. #5
    Famous for offering help & advice
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Grey County, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,218

    Default

    Brings a new definition to Reincarnation

  6. #6
    Brick wall demolition expert!
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Lancashire
    Posts
    3,106

    Default

    I've got a slightly different problem .... about 12 months ago I was corresponding with a family member, and copied about 6 certificates for them - now can I find the originals? No - I have this sinking inevitable feeling that I binned them in a clear out - what makes it worse is that everyone who sees my office knows that I work in organised chaos and rarely have a clear out ..... except about 9 months ago. So now do I swallow my pride and embarrasment and ask for copies of the copies or raid the piggy bank?

  7. #7
    Knowledgeable and helpful
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ramsgate, Kent where the seagulls are ignoring the weather and making plans.
    Posts
    964

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Megan Roberts View Post
    ......... I have this sinking inevitable feeling that I binned them in a clear out
    oooo that is a pain. if that were me, I'd reorder and then find them a week later.......

  8. #8
    Has a well deserved spectacular aura Sandra Parker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Darwin, Australia
    Posts
    829

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sueannbowen View Post
    ... you get really really excited to find a 'stificate for someone in your tree, order it and then find out 2 days later that you did exactly that a year ago. Bummocks. [Gets coat......... shuffles off muttering darkly]
    Oh, Sue! We can but symapathise. It seems to come with this inevitable quest for finding out what our families didn't really want us to know about. After all, if they had known we needed this information, they would have arranged for everyone to keep close personal records from the time each individual became literate and every branch of the family would have a detailed family bible, a folder with the details of every birth, marriage, death and dalliance with 'issue', and photos with the details clearly written on the back!

    If only ......

    Sandra and her eternally optimistic spectacled aura.

  9. #9
    Name well known on Brit-Gen
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    4,594

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sueannbowen View Post
    Yes - it does a bit. But clearly demonstrates my very poor admin. I was cast iron certain she was a new find. Ho hum.....
    Well Sue, she was for that day anyway. I wonder if some-one is trying to 'tell you something' about that particular line?
    Happy Families
    Wendy
    Count your Blessings, they'll all add up in the end.

  10. #10
    Famous for offering help & advice
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Grey County, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra Parker View Post
    Oh, Sue! We can but symapathise. It seems to come with this inevitable quest for finding out what our families didn't really want us to know about. After all, if they had known we needed this information, they would have arranged for everyone to keep close personal records from the time each individual became literate and every branch of the family would have a detailed family bible, a folder with the details of every birth, marriage, death and dalliance with 'issue', and photos with the details clearly written on the back!

    If only ......

    Sandra and her eternally optimistic spectacled aura.
    If that was the case Sandra, there would not be any mystery in our life !! AND we would be super organized as well so no fun in that department, either!

    Megan
    ...I think we must be secretly related...my desk is the same!

    Sue

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Select a file: