Knowledgeable and helpful

Default Got sidetracked - but it was fun

One of the names in my TUSON database married a Frances Seymour in 1803. Using the Maximillian Genealogy database I traced her ancestors back to Edward Seymour, the 1st Duke of Somerset - who became the protector of King Edward VI.
    So following the various members of the Seymour family in that database I came across a marriage of a Catherine PARR to a Thomas Seymour. And we all know who she married!!!!

So in my database I have entered someone called King Henry VIII !!!!

Now I'm not claiming any connection, just thought it quite amusing to put some royalty into the database - makes a change from 'commoners'.

Oh well, back to the real world and the TUSONs.

David

MythicalMarian

I think I might die of shame if I had Ned Seymour in my database, David - and I'm only half-joking! x

And Tom Seymour was his brother, of course.

Knowledgeable and helpful

Quote Originally Posted by MythicalMarian View Post
    I think I might die of shame if I had Ned Seymour in my database, David - and I'm only half-joking! x

And Tom Seymour was his brother, of course.
    It was quite an eye-opener to discover how many people were executed "for treason" as I followed the various people.
    As I sadi it was fun and educational but a definite deviation from my own family. And it reinforced my belief that unless you have some "upper class" or nobility in your ancestry it is very difficult to get back further than the 17th/18th centuries - especially when relying on the internet.