Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Newcomer to Brit-Gen

When Ruhamah was born her parents were not married so her official surname is Knight.....though she often used Trevail.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by brockdj View Post
    When Ruhamah was born her parents were not married so her official surname is Knight.....though she often used Trevail.
    I feel the Bodmin Lunatic Asylum is quite a possibility. Is there any way of getting more information on inmates?
    The 1891 census entry seems very vague.

Famous for offering help & advice

Quote Originally Posted by brockdj View Post
    I feel the Bodmin Lunatic Asylum is quite a possibility. Is there any way of getting more information on inmates?
    The 1891 census entry seems very vague.
    Probably. The records are at Cornwall Record Office - see their description at
    https://www.
    cornwall.gov.uk/community-and-living/records-archives-and-cornish-studies/cornwall-record-office/cornwall-record-office-collections/voluntary-organisations/#Hospitals

The one you want is listed as "St Lawrence's Hospital (formerly County Asylum)", and it gives some reference numbers to use in the online catalogue at
    https://
    crocat.cornwall.gov.uk/DServe/dserve.exe?dsqApp=Archive&dsqDb=Catalog&dsqCmd=Sea rch.tcl

HC1 was the reference with most results (over 500) but you can restrict that by putting a word such as Admission in the AnyText box.

Once you've identified the likely document(s) it will be a case of either asking the record office staff to look for an entry and copy it, or finding someone who could visit and do it on your behalf.

Hospital records in the UK usually have a closure period of 75 or 100 years, but this shouldn't apply here.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Thank you arthurk and helachau. The offices you suggested have been as helpful as they could be. Nothing can be confirmed re the RTs in the 1818 and 1891 censuses being Ruhamah Trevail, but I have a hunch you have put your finger on it. I am still looking for a death or burial record for Ruhamah.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123