Thread: O'Brien

Deb525

Default O'Brien

Hi,
    My ancestor was Mary Elizabeth O'Brien who was apparently born in Tyrone, I don't know how to search for this though. Her parents were John Thornton O'Brien (a clerk, farmer, horse trader??) and Rachael Tanache or Tauach she was apparently Spanish ( he met her when he went to Spain Horse trading as family legend says) There is definitely some European influence as most of Mary O'briens children's names were not fully irish ( Her husband was William Brady from Cavan) She arrived in Victoria,Australia in about 1865. She was born abt 1844. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hi there, I think these ancestors are common to me, and I wonder if you had any luck finding out more about them? In our family the story is that Rachel was a red headed Northern Italian. Spanish or Italian is not important, I just hope to find out more about her, and of course the others in our family tree.
    Best,
    Bronwyn

Welcome to the Brit-Gen forums Bronwyn. Deb525 is no longer a member of The BG forums, as indicated by the word 'Guest" underneath her avatar so they will not receive notification of your post and we do not hold any information which would allow us to get in touch with them.
    If you would like help with any of your pesky ancestors you could start your own thread and our helpful and knowledgeable members will have a shot at trying to sort them out for you.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs