0 0%
  • stepives

1 2.38%
  • Hilda Woodley

0 0%
  • pippycat

4 9.52%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

I echo everyone's thoughts. I think this has been the best competition yet, and the entries show why we are family historians rather than mere genealogists.
    Sue Mackay
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids

lawsue

Congratulations to the winners. A great read and insight into 19th century life in the 'old country' and it's far flung outposts. Well done everyone.
    Sue

pippycat

Quote Originally Posted by notanotherminer View Post
    Congratulations to our three winners, Coromandel, Pippycat and Thomasin.

Praise should be given to everyone who submitted entries as the standard in this competition was superb. Frank, I'm sorry we had to put you in such an unenviable position but once again you proved more than capable of rising to the task. Many thanks to you, Pam and Jan and to Lizzy9 for suggesting the subject and a big thanks to all who entered.
    That sums it up perfectly!

Many congratulations to Coromandel, a well deserved winner with Harriet.
    Would be nice to complete Harriet's story, so lets hope you get to fill in the missing parts - with or without our help!

Congratulations Thomasin, very well done 'my partner in crime'

A big Thanks for all your votes,

......... and Thank You to the coin that Frank must have tossed into the air

Rebecca

AnnB

I want to agree with everything already said - and add my congratulations to Coromandel, Pippycat and Thomasin. I really struggled with who got my vote, I almost wished there could have been a 'can't decide' vote!

Well done one and all
    Best wishes
    Ann

ellyjane70

well done the winners and everyone who gave us such an insight into the lives of our ancestors back then..

huxley76

a great topic and wonderful stories, well done the winners..I found it particularly fascinating how everyone who wrote their stories were able to get right deep into the hearts, lives and minds of their ancestors.

Quote Originally Posted by Sue Mackay View Post
    I echo everyone's thoughts. I think this has been the best competition yet, and the entries show why we are family historians rather than mere genealogists.
    I'll just add a "me too" - although I have to shout hear, hear at the "mere genealogists" comment.
    My personal thanks to the winners for allowing us to share their ancestral stories, so enlightening and so well told.
    Sadly, our dear friend Ann (alias Ladkyis) passed away on Thursday, 26th. December, 2019.
    Footprints on the sands of time

Knowledgeable and helpful stepives's Avatar

Well done to the successful winners, and thanks to everyone who voted and the very nice comments.

Steve.

busyglen

Congratulations Coromandel, pippycat and Thomasin! I agree with everyone, it was such a hard task to pick one out of the superb stories. I read, re-read, made a list, changed my mind, and then went with my heart. This has been the best competition ever.

Coromandel

Quote Originally Posted by susan-y View Post
    I hope that some day you get to tell Harriet how many friends and supporters she has, Coromandel.
    Thank you, Sue. Now that I know where and when she died, I have a good idea of where to start searching for her burial.
    So I may be able to visit her soon.

Quote Originally Posted by pippycat View Post
    Would be nice to complete Harriet's story, so lets hope you get to fill in the missing parts - with or without our help!
    Thank you too, Rebecca. There are still a lot of unanswered questions so I may well be posting an appeal for help very soon!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast