Thread: Birth Kinfauns?

Hugh Thompson

Default Birth Kinfauns?

Would there be anyone who could find the birth of Mary Elizabeth Fraser, born c 1824, possibly at Kinfauns Perthshire Scotland, according to her gravestone her parents were James and Mary Fraser
    Thanks.
    Hugh.

Gypsyrose51

I might be muddying the waters here but are you sure they are from Perthshire? There is one Mary Elizabeth Fraser family tree on Ancestry, born same year but with different parents. Also found on 1851 Scottish census, James and Mary Fraser living with two of their children at 12 Glebe St, Inverness. The two children listed are Mary, 26 born in Inverness and William ,22. Also in the house is a James Anderson, 27. ED 3A. P 31. Household schedule 157. Line 18. Roll CSSCT1851-22.

Hugh Thompson

Thanks Gypsyrose, that Mary Fraser in the 1851 census can't be the right one as the one I'm talking about married William Thompson in 1847 in Nairn Scotland, the family history has her born to Lauchlan and Elizabeth Fraser at Kinfauns but the problem with that is that her death cert and gravestone has her parents as James and Mary, so something's not right.
    Hugh.

Hugh Thompson

Thanks Jan, I'll keep it in mind if I find anything that points me in that direction.
    Hugh.