Default Death Certificate Information

I have info. on a death for Louisa Annie Pollard, 1909 , april , may, june, 1B 322 Holborn,

As she is single, on the death certificate, if I ordered it, would it list her parents, even though she is not living at home? She was born in Plymouth Devon 1884 & her family are in Cornwall in 1901 census.

Is there any other way of finding out if she is the daughter of Edward & Louisa Pollard?

Thanks

Sharon

Jan1954

Quote Originally Posted by Sharon.S View Post
    As she is single, on the death certificate, if I ordered it, would it list her parents, even though she is not living at home?
    No, not unless one of her parents was the informant. For the information to be found on an English or Welsh death certificate, have a look here.

One avenue to explore would be local newspapers to see if there is an obituary or even a funeral notice.

pattenwalsh

Looking at births for Plymouth Registration District 1883 to 1886 there is only one Louisa Annie Pollard listed.
    This would therefore be the same Louisa Pollard shown as born 1885,(but infact born 1884) that is with Louisa Pollard,her mother on the 1901 census at Windsor Terrace,Berry Road,Newquay,Cornwall.
    RG13 , Piece 2207, Folio 12, Page 16
    Courtesy of T.N.A

pippycat

I notice young Louisa's mother is on 1881/1891/1901 census as 'married' but without a husband present - strange for him to be awol for 3 census?

1881 census 2190 f31 p27 Plymouth, does list Louisa as wife of a stone cutter and also living there is her is married sister Charlotte Cannon b1858 Callington.

This marriage may be relevant:

Louisa Sarah Hambley and Edward Henry Pollard. Plymouth. June Q 1878. 5b p455
    (on same page is Elizabeth Mary A Cousins)
    - is this marriage the reason you think young Louisa could be the daughter of Edward?

Maybe there is some mileage in trying to trace the family from all angles and see what, if anything, appears.

I came across this 1891 Devon census: 1707 f27 p20
    1 Hyde Rd/place? Paignton.

Daniel Delsfield 1855. Plymouth. Stone/marble mason. (surname probably should read Delafield)
    wife: Louisa E 1855 Paignton
    3 daughters and 3 sons
    plus
    Nephew: George Pollard 1869. Stoke Gabriel, Devon. single. Stone/marble mason
    Father in law: George Pollard 1823 Paignton. Wid. Ag lab.
    servant: Ann Pollard 1850 Paignton. single. Domestic serv.

Living next door at No. 2 Hyde ?

John Pollard 1861 Paignton. Stone/marble mason
    wife: Mary 1860 Paignton.

No idea if they are anything to do with your Pollard family, just thought it worth throwing in the mix for you!

Forgot to add this marriage:
    Louisa Ellen Pollard to Daniel James Delafield. Sept Q 1877. Totnes, Devon. 5b 319.

Rebecca
    Last edited by pippycat; 21-01-2013 at 12:16 AM. Reason: added info

pattenwalsh

Yes Louisa's sister Charlotte Cannon marries Plymouth 1880 Oct-Dec vol 5b Page 499 to William Isaac Cannon.Her maiden name is Hambly (on Freebmd).
    So Louisa would seem to be the Louisa Sarah Hambley that pippycat has found a marriage for.

pippycat

Nice work pattenwalsh, I couldn't spot that Hambley/Cannon marriage!

The Pollard family moved to Newquay, St. Columb, Cornwall & are on the 1891 census there. The ones you found in Devon, do not apply. That is where they stayed. They had 3 other children born in Newquay.

Thanks
    Sharon

If I was to start searching for an obituary, where would be the best place to start looking. Holborn, Middlesex where she died, or Newquay St. Columb where her family is living? Would her family have brought her from Middlesex to Corwall?

Sharon

Jan1954

Quote Originally Posted by Sharon.S View Post
    If I was to start searching for an obituary, where would be the best place to start looking. Holborn, Middlesex where she died, or Newquay St. Columb where her family is living? Would her family have brought her from Middlesex to Corwall?

Sharon
    When my great uncle was killed in an accident (1931) in Kent, there was both an obituary and funeral notice in the newspaper local to where he lived in Hertfordshire. His parents arranged for his body to be brought back home to be buried.