Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Famous for offering help & advice peter nicholl's Avatar

Thanks, much appreciated.
    Peter Nicholl
    Researching:Nicholl,Boater, Haselgrove & Vaughan

Famous for offering help & advice peter nicholl's Avatar

Just confirmed the marriage details:
    Henry Whitbread Gentleman of Cardington married Elizabeth Winch Widow of St Mary's (Bedford) in St John's Church Bedford on 11 December 1717.
    Peter Nicholl
    Researching:Nicholl,Boater, Haselgrove & Vaughan

Hello, there was talk in my family that we were someway related to the Thomas and Godfrey Shewell of Whitbread history. But I have never been able to link this. The closets I got was a James Shewell born in 1690 in London his father was also a James Shewell but only got record of name. No dates of birth death. Anyway my James Shewell of 1690 moved from London to Liverpool and became part of the Marina life at the port of Liverpool.

Now, I thought could be chance but Thomas and Godfrey moved to London to start the brewery right. So couldn’t possibly be the same connection.

However since then, I found out what the James Shewells both father and son occupations was. James Shewell was a brewer, and his son James Shewell born 1690 moved to Liverpool to b a Marina but was actually involved in the transport of ale via Port Of Liverpool.

Based on this I formed a theory.

If we are connected to Thomas and Godfrey Shewell of Whitbred fame. James Shewell in London may have been an Uncle again it doesn’t say where James is from only that he is the father of James Shewell of 1690 who moved to Liverpool. Whom would be Thomas and Godfreys cousin.

One last thing, years ago I did find a mention in a book about brewing in London during the 1600’s that mentions a James Shewell and his brother Joseph came to London to enquire about the brewing trade. I wish I had taken a screen shot of this as I haven’t been able to find it since.

Thomas and Godfrey Shewells parents was a Mary and Joseph Shewell. So if my theory is correct... the. They are cousins to my great great great great....etc grandad lol

But I neeed more concrete evidence before I add this to my tree. Once I can find out James Shewell 1690 fathers birth dates and location. Then I will look further into it

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123