Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    paul searing

Exclamation Dickinson death registration

Hi
    I have two deaths one John Dickinson in 1952 & Florence Sarah Dickinson in 1962 (I think) the two deaths were registered in Edmonton how could I find were they were dwelling at the time of death or (if Im really lucky) locate the burial (if buried which cemetery) not sure where to begin I have been to Heartford County Research in Hertford would there be any records there, as Edmonton was the death registration centre what areas would Edmonton cover.
    sorry its a boring question guys.

thank Paul

Brick wall demolition expert!

You would need to buy their death certificates to find out where they were at the time of their deaths. This of course might not be where they were living. For instance Fred dies in hospital, but does not live there.

As to where they were buried, they only thing I can suggest is to search local newspapers to see if there was a record of their funerals.

malcolm99

Just one little snippet of information to add. A John Dickinson and Florence S Dickinson were living at 11 Glasgow Road, Edmonton in 1951 according to Ancestry’s Electoral Register lists. Florence's death was definitely in 1962.

The places covered by Edmonton Registration District are listed here:

https://www.
    ukbmd.org.uk/genuki/reg/districts/edmonton.html

P.S. It’s not a boring question at all

Mutley

Agree with Malcolm, not a boring question.

There is a site called Deceased Online which you can google for. It is a pay per view but you can search for the names free.
    It does not cover all areas but you might be lucky.

The death certificates might give you clues, maybe an address where they died. Often the person who registered the death gives an address and a relationship. I have several that have helped me. e.g. Present at death, daughter of nonsuch street in such a town.
    Unfortunately, if the death was in a hospital it might not help though you may be able to check out the local cemeteries or crematoriums.

Electoral rolls for the area might also help to find where a person was living.

malcolm99

I've just had a look at Glasgow Road and if this was John's last known residential address then there's a good chance he may have been buried in Tottenham Cemetery, White Hart Lane. This is only a guess of course but as Megan says, once you have your death certificate it could be worth looking at copies of the local newspaper for a notice about the funeral.

Jan1954

Just to add more weight to the fact that the death certificates are definitely the way to go.

My great uncle Harry was involved in a motorbike accident in 1931 and subsequently died in Maidstone hospital in Kent. This is recorded on his death certificate. However, also on that death certificate, in column 5, which is headed Occupation, is written his home address in St Albans, Hertfordshire as well as his actual occupation.

Also, my Grandfather who died in 1945 has both his place of death in Watford, Hertfordshire entered in column 1 as well as his home address in St Albans with his occupation in column 5.

So, get those certificates ordered and come back to us with the details.

paul searing

Thankyou all having tralled NBI its off no use at all, I have toyed with getting death certificates but though i would explore a cheeper means prior to this, but which area for newpapers ect and a starting place like a local FRC library its not much information on registration districts as the areas it covers give know hint, many thaanks to you all its great to see even boring requests get an answer.

Paul

Mutley

Genuki is the best place to find out about registration districts.
    https://www.ukbmd.org.uk/genuki/reg/d.../edmonton.html

Reputation beyond repute

There isn't a cheaper way to do it properly.

paul searing

Hi all I have confirmation that they had lived in Glasgow road untill death so could a local newspaper be an idea and if so which one ane were could I view the orbits would it be in the Hertforshire County Records office or at another location, as for which cemetery to visit they had little money so a local one like Totenham would be a good start I guess and thoughts

many thanks

Paul

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast