Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    A gentleman, in every sense of the word. Geoff Wycherley's Avatar

If this is the Church they got married at then I am sorry to say it closed some years back, the records if any I think were transferred to St Bedes Church,Appleton,Widnes. An alternative could be the Cheshire Archives, Chester. They hold some Church records for Widnes. They do have a web site that you can search to see what they hold.

Geoff W

Mutley

Quote Originally Posted by Orinda View Post
    Hello:
    In response to Stanislaus's War records, I am not sure what is involved. I have some war records,
    that I have sent away for from the National Archives concerning Stanislaus. You would have to be
    more specific.

Orinda
    I am not sure what you mean by I would have to be more specific?

His service record is what happened, where it happened, when it happened and sometimes how it happened during his military service in WW1.
    All of the pay per view sites, there are many, hold different records concerning family history. They also have terms and conditions which do not allow more than brief details to be given to someone that has not paid.
    The site that holds his service record is called Ancestry either .com or .uk. and the service record can be downloaded to your PC from there.

The National Archives hold many records, perhaps you could be more specific and tell us what you have sent for?

Knowledgeable and helpful stepives's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Orinda View Post
    Hello Steve:
    I think this must be the church that they got married in but I googled it and does not have
    services at present. The church on the marriage certificate says St. Mary's but that is a
    Anglican church and they were Catholic.So it must be St. Marie's!
    Orinda
    St.Mary's Church(CofE), is down at West Bank, in Widnes. My nephew got married there.

Orinda

Forum:
    Pardon me, I don't have my facts straight. I hired the fourteeneighteen researcher a couple of years back.
    He has forwarded me Stanislaus, service record so I have that information. I did apply for Stanislaus's naturalization
    papers from National Archives, I was getting the two mixed up.

Orinda

Orinda

Thanks Geoff:
    I was in Widnes, last June 2011. I could of at least driven by and seen it. But couldn't confirm the church at that time.

Thanks

Orinda

Orinda

Hi Geoff:
    How can I find out if the Puskunigas family was living in Widnes, around 1937?

Orinda

Knowledgeable and helpful stepives's Avatar

You could ask the local library, if they hold archives of newspapers......they may have advertised.

A gentleman, in every sense of the word. Geoff Wycherley's Avatar

Widnes Library do hold copies of the Widnes Weekly News, but that is on film, you would need the patience of Job to trawl through all the editions looking for the family name. The register of electors books they have are in street index order, so unless you know for certain were they might have lived that would be a hard task. The only other way to see if the family lived in Widnes is using the death register which I did when I found your relative, who had died in Leigh Infirmary but was brought back to Widnes for burial.
    (The three relatives concerned are all buried in a family plot Section 6R Grave 6473 ) That is the only time the Puskunigas name is mentioned. You could search and see what records Chester Record Office hold for St Maries Church for your time scale.

Orinda

Default Puskunigas in Widnes

Hello Geoff:
    I knew he had pneumonia but didn't know he was placed in Leigh infirmary! What Puskunigas's did
    you find in the Widnes cemetery? Annie, Marion and Stanislaus himself?

Orinda

Orinda

Default Missing relative

Hello:
    Can anyone help me? Missing relative Fred Puskunigas born 1928 to Annie and Stanislaus Puskunigas
    of Leigh. The children of this marriage change their name to Phillips. Not what time period. Assumimg
    as adults.

Thanks

Orinda

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast