(This question has arisen, but not been answered, in another thread about the de Montmorency family: see this post in particular.)

Post-1858 wills proved in Ireland are sometimes listed in the (English and Welsh) National Probate Calendar, with some comment about the value of the estate or effects in England.

Is it possible in such cases to get copies of the Irish wills by the route usually used for post-1858 English and Welsh wills?

Also (if I am allowed a supplementary question) I know that a lot of post-1858 Irish probate records were destroyed in the 1922 fire, but understand that the National Archives of Ireland have 'Will books' containing transcripts of wills from some district probate registries. Are these full transcripts of the wills? How can I find out if there are surviving books for any given date / registry? (I can't seem to get the NAI catalogue to yield up this information.)

I see that some will books have been microfilmed by the LDS, such as 'Kilkenny District will books, 1858-1895'.