neverending

Red face john clark ? perhaps Kent not Sussex

MESSAGE FROM MODERATOR: PLEASE SEE POST #8 IN THIS THREAD BEFORE SEARCHING FOR INFORMATION TO HELP ENQUIRER

The mystery of my John Clark deepens. It is possible that I have been searching in the wrong place. Even though someone in the family found a John Clark was born in Peasmarsh in 1804 I have been unable to find this entry. I have found a John clark born in Barham Kent in 1804 which is interesting as the Letter he wrote to his sister Sarah in 1861 was returned to him in Tasmania from Barham in Kent.
    I have been trying to locate the parents named in this Kent birth record, Patrick and Martha in the 1851 census with no success. I have had no luck yet and was wondering if anyone had any ideas.
    The index for the birth is CO4163-5. where can I look at this ?
    Hoopefully someone can steer me in the right direction. I am hoping to find evidence that these are the parents of our John and that he had a sister Sarah.HELP

Mutley

CO4163-5 is a batch number belonging to Family Search (IGI). You can enter a batch number into their search boxes and it will give you a brief record which is what I presume you have found with a Christening date of 16 Sep 1804.

The parish entry can be ordered for viewing at a Family Search Centre if they have one near where you live. (They are worldwide)
    Entering Tasmania into 'Find a Center' brings up these.
    Deloraine Australia Family History Center
    Devonport Australia Family History Center
    Launceston Australia Family History Center
    Burnie Australia Family History Center

There was a recent thread which gave details of how to order by post. I'll see if I can find it.

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Interestingly this has news of Peasmarsh:

Peasmarsh East Sussex - (Black Death moves village ... - VillageNet
    https://
    sussex.villagenet.co.uk/peasmarsh.php

Trying to find Family in Sussex,...NOT happening!.
    Happy Families
    Wendy
    Count your Blessings, they'll all add up in the end.

Thomasin

Don't forget that if you contact a Family History Centre, the film number you will need is 1736523.

malcolm99

This doesn't add to what you know already (John Clarke (sic) is mentioned in 1804) but it might be worth digging around on this site>

https://www.
    barham-kent.org.uk/genealogy_index.htm

Famous for offering help & advice

regarding Patrick and Martha, the only parish marriage record I am finding is Patrick Clark to Martha BARROUGH at St Mary, Walmer in Kent, 20 December 1804.

of course this would be 3 months after the Barham, Kent, baptism of John Clark, 16 September 1804

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”