Ken R
    This has been such a helpful thread thought I must say thank you Very much
    ELMA

Jan1954

Quote Originally Posted by Elma View Post
    Ken R
    This has been such a helpful thread thought I must say thank you Very much
    ELMA
    It has been that helpful, Elma, that I have made it into a "stickie". Thank you, Ken R.

Ken_R

Quote Originally Posted by Jan1954 View Post
    It has been that helpful, Elma, that I have made it into a "stickie". Thank you, Ken R.
    Jan. As a 'stickie' if you want to 'trim it down'. I'll not be offended if one of the Admin/Mods team choose to eliminate the 'chaff' and rewrite the topic back to 'bare bones'.

Assuming the position of someone coming afresh to the site, then perhaps such is what I would want to see. I'm not after the credit. Just wishing to assist others.

Ken.

Knowledgeable and helpful

Quote Originally Posted by Jan1954 View Post
    Maybe I am cheeky but sometimes I see posts that are very helpful and I find if I reply to that post, even to say thank you I will always be able to then find it quickly and easily under my Quick Links. Otherwise they disappear into the ether. I have usually forgotten the right words to use search?
    ELMA

Famous for offering help & advice

Well got my image today. Excellent service - 28 days can't grumble at that - especially when it's free! So now have image from Proclamations of Banns from the 24th May 1857. Still to find the actual marriage which was supposed to be on the 5th June 1857!

Ken_R

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch in Notts View Post
    Well got my image today. Excellent service - 28 days can't grumble at that
    Similar to me. Got my current 'clutch' of images back in just under 28 days. I see that the 'rules' have now changed a little. They now request name/address but, if a return customer, no need to include each time. Just state such. They now ask for no more that one request (max 5 records) per month, as opposed to 'not making additional requests before a response to a current request(s)'.

And the records that came back led me to something like a 4 hour chase confirming siblings of a known relative, an early female death, a 2nd marriage, and a Grandson that, intriguingly, may indicate a 2nd marriage between the same families in differing generations.

Much to chase up.

Yesterday I filled in a new photoduplication request on the new form https://lds.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_9tdS7lqbTCW30kR as instructed by familysearch.
    I haven't had a confirmation email and while I followed all the 'next' buttons I somehow feel it might not have gone through.
    Has anyone else used the new form, and got an acknowledgment?

Thanks

Mitch

Ken_R

Mitch. - wrong form. You have requested copies of pages from books held in the library.

The last one I sent, a few weeks ago, the new form still not being available, went as an email with bullet points listing the known details.

Edit - my mistake. That is the new form. And yes, you should have received a confirmation.

Thanks Ken,

will make some further enquiries

Mitch

gasser

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch in Notts View Post
    Yesterday I filled in a new photoduplication request on the new form https://lds.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_9tdS7lqbTCW30kR as instructed by familysearch.
    I haven't had a confirmation email and while I followed all the 'next' buttons I somehow feel it might not have gone through.
    Has anyone else used the new form, and got an acknowledgment?

Thanks

Mitch
    I filled in the new form earlier today, with my 4 requests, and like you 'felt' as though it hadn't gone through but I did actually save the 'initial report' that appeared after I submitted my request. Is that some sort of confirmation? or do we get something more appropriate via email?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast