Starting to feel at home. joboy's Avatar

Default Sweden;she died in Gothenburg

The Sydney Morning Herald reported this;
    MACINDOE Beatrice Ormonde (Bunty) June 25 1956 at Gothenburg Sweden,wife of George Macindoe and daughter of Mr and Mrs John Butler of Springwood.

That's all I have and she was only 39 and I would like to know the circumstances of her demise if anyone can advise.
    Joe

The main newspaper in Gothenberg is Göteborgs-Posten. It may be worth contacting them to see if there was any article or obituary. If anything does turn up and it is in Swedish then I may be able to help you translate it, although it is now nearly forty years since I worked in Sweden and was fluent in the language
    Sue Mackay
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids

Sadly Passed away - Rest in Peace Nicolina's Avatar

could there have been a nautical connection, e.g. her husband being a ship's officer or agent?

Quote Originally Posted by Sue Mackay View Post
    The main newspaper in Gothenberg is Göteborgs-Posten. It may be worth contacting them to see if there was any article or obituary. If anything does turn up and it is in Swedish then I may be able to help you translate it, although it is now nearly forty years since I worked in Sweden and was fluent in the language
    Thanks Sue ...... you have been a great help in the past .... but this 85 year old dope is having trouble nailing down Göteborgs-Posten.
    I think that I am too old for this lark.
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolina View Post
    could there have been a nautical connection, e.g. her husband being a ship's officer or agent?
    Hi Nicolina ...... frankly I have no idea ............. they were on holidays at the time ....... the family all suspected suicide.
    Perhaps a coroner's report? ............ how would I get that?
    Joe

Sadly Passed away - Rest in Peace Nicolina's Avatar

I can understand people going to Sweden for holidays, there are some beautiful places. unfortunately I cannot help with information about Coroners in Sweden, the only "official" body I ever came into contact with was the Customs Service as I travelled in and out of the country.