Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    sueannbowen

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Goodey View Post
    Correction (from the Kent CC web site):

Kent History Source

In partnership with Rochester Diocese and Family Search many of the parish records for the Rochester Diocese area have been digitised and are available online in the Kent History and Library Centre. This will eventually be made available in all libraries in Kent.

Thanks for this; as we have previously discussed the Kent History and Library Centre is rubbish and only has three readers! I won't be going back there if I can possibly avoid it

Reputation beyond repute

In partnership with Rochester Diocese and Family Search many of the parish records for the Rochester Diocese area have been digitised and are available online in the Kent History and Library Centre. This will eventually be made available in all libraries in Kent.
    Here's what the FamilySearch site says (copied and pasted)

These projects are part of an agreement with the Centre for Kentish to digitize and publish our microfilm holdings. The images have all been scanned and delivered. We will be creating waypoint data with the help of the archive, we will publish images for FamilySearch Members and deliver the data to the archive as they are implementing the "Reading Room Solution".

Totally incomprehensible!

sueannbowen

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Goodey View Post
    Totally incomprehensible!
    Yes - that sums it up nicely!

sueannbowen

Thanks for moving this Mutters dear. It rather drifted off Pam's original post about Norfolk but that is sometimes the way of the forum! The original conversation morphs into something entirely different. Good info from Pam and Peter all the same.

xxx

Mutley

Quote Originally Posted by sueannbowen View Post
    Thanks for moving this Mutters dear. It rather drifted off Pam's original post about Norfolk but that is sometimes the way of the forum! The original conversation morphs into something entirely different. Good info from Pam and Peter all the same.

xxx
    You are welcome.
    Pam and Peter's search tips were too good to bury in the depths of Norfolk where I doubt we would have found them again.

Famous for offering help & advice

Quote Originally Posted by Pam Downes View Post
    From the Bishop's Transcripts for Tottenhill, Norfolk (Archdeanery of Norfolk)
    (1759-60 image 415 of 464)

The number of persons of both sexes, in ye parish of Tottenhill, sixteen years old, and upward, is 81. viz
    men 35
    women 46
    total 81.
    No Popish recusants.
    No Protestant Dissentors.

https://
    familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1-14264-50008-55?cc=1823613&wc=9020178

Pam
    How I love my Tottenhill ancestors!
    Other notes from the BTs:

1739-1740 no dissenters in the parish.
    1752-53 43 men and 44 women aged 16 years and upwards resident in the parish.

I have my first relative baptised in Tottenhill in 1731 (from the Archdeacon's Transcript):
    Baptized Davis PAWFREMENT daughter of John & Mary 28th April.
    Mary was buried in Tottenhill in 1788 aged 99 years, but I have failed so far to find a marriage anywhere between
    John PARFREMENT & Mary!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12