Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Knowledgeable and helpful Jellylegs's Avatar

In the 1901 Irish census, Caroline Louisa gives her birthplace as Co. Galway.

On FamilySearch, there is a birth registration of a Caroline Louisa DAW (the only Caroline Louisa I can see) in Galway on 19 Dec 1873 - mother Sarah DAW. I wonder if this is your Caroline Louisa?

InnesH

Default Caroline Louisa Carter

Quote Originally Posted by Jellylegs View Post
    In the 1901 Irish census, Caroline Louisa gives her birthplace as Co. Galway.

On FamilySearch, there is a birth registration of a Caroline Louisa DAW (the only Caroline Louisa I can see) in Galway on 19 Dec 1873 - mother Sarah DAW. I wonder if this is your Caroline Louisa?
    Hi and thanks for this...very interesting and frustrating. The two records for her birth in the 1901 and 1911 Ireland Censuses give her DOB as 1874, close enough since the Family Search record shows 19 Dec 1873.
    I wonder if the fact that the mother's name only is shown, and not the father's is that it may have been an illegitimate birth? When Caroline Louisa married John Henry Holmes in 1898 she stated her name to be Carter, and her father William Scott carter. The mystery continues...!

InnesH

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123