Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    jac65

Hi Wendy

To try to work out where you are having problems can you check something.

First of all Login then select My Details and scroll down to Image Viewer to see what you have chosen re viewing images.

Secondly I'm assuming that when you are searching for George Henderson you are looking in the 1881 census, as I said in an earlier message there are two versions of the 1881 census, one has images the other doesn't. The fact you mention his address suggests that you are looking at the version that doesn't have images, only transcriptions.

When you look at the Census Records box on the left hand side you will see two references to 1881. If you select the bottom one 1881(LDS) and look at the Search screen you will see it says Census 1881 LDS transcriptions. This does not have images. The 1881 census you want is other one. When you select that it will be headed Search the 1881 Census. This is the version that has images. Follw the instructions that grisel has posted in an earlier message

Andy

wendyar

Hi All

I have been advised once again by Scotlandspeople that my problem is a technical one and I should engage an IT expert!!

May I say a very big thank-you to all, for your help over the last few days. By ignoring the advice from customer help at Scotlandspeople, ignoring my Adobe Reader and totally disregarding my new Java download, I have successfully downloaded to "Pictures" on my computer, three of the four census pages that I wanted. The fourth was there but as my extra credits had already been used while learning the ropes, I was not able to view or print the full image.

I hope anyone else who encounters similar issues with the same site, gleans some useful information from this excercise.

In appreciation, once again

Wendy

wendyar

Thanks, Andy

I must have missed your last post. I had noticed that there were two versions. I was not using the LDS version. I think that is where my original information came from. By addresses, I meant District and County which do show in the search returns. I printed off the last one, where I ran out of credits. Also, by giving less information in the search boxes, it produced a longer list of options. I had applied that to searches elsewhere with good results. Now that I have learned to ignore "Customer Help" I might give it another shot, later -----.

Cheers,
    Wendy

jac65

Hi Wendy

I'm pleased you were able to access the images you wanted. Scotlandspeople is great once you get the hang of it but you do need to spend time reading the Help section and the FAQs. For example there are several different viewing options and you will have nominated one on your My Details, The link below has information about those options.

https://
    https://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/Co...spx?r=551&2075

Scotlandspeople is the Scottish Government site and the only online source for Scottish BMD images and census images so if you have Scottish ancestry you are likely to use it quite a bit.

The census street information is, I think, relatively recent and I haven't used the site for some time so wasn't aware of them. I'll have to have a look at them

Andy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12