Famous for offering help & advice

Default Canadian Voters Lists 1935-1980

This is a great help for searching for anyone in Canada. A** has just released the Canadian Voters lists for 1935-1980.
    Funny they are able to do that as privacy laws won't allow BMD's or census from recent years ( anything less than 100 years ago is hard to find) but I can find names and addresses with no problem on this list!

Thank goodness I have moved a few times..you can't find me!!

Sue

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Oh boy, oh rub hands together glee.
    Thank you Sue.
    Excuse my absence for a tick.
    Happy Families
    Wendy
    Count your Blessings, they'll all add up in the end.

thecouch

Hi Sue,

These lists have been great to find some 'lost' Canadian relatives who had dropped off the family tree 'map' sort of speak - especially after the 1911 Census. Very helpful indeed.

Cheers,
    thecouch

Ken_R

Does it include Newfoundland? I've got a 'rellie' who lived there and need to fill in some gaps up until about 1950.

Sue, how can i accessthe records ? I an looking for family of my great uncle David Smyth who lived in East York, Toronto.

Hello Derek,

The database is on Ancestry Canada, unless you have a world subscription to Ancestry you won't be able to access it. Most British Public Libraries have Ancestry but I don't think they have Ancestry World (someone will correct me if I'm wrong)

I did a quick search and found a David Smyth and also at the same address Florence Smyth, 1968, 223, Woodmount Ave, York East.

If you have more names and town/city we can search further.
    Alma