Thread: Daniel McGuire

cornishkid

Post Daniel McGuire

I'm trying to trace Daniel who was born 1803 in Cork. He came to Australia as a convict in 1829. Apparently he was married before he was transported. He then used the name John McGuire but once he gained his freedom he went back to using Daniel. I can follow him in Australia but I have not found him in Ireland yet. Any help please.

Jan1954

Hi there,

As tracing Irish ancestors can be a little tricky owing to the different records that are (or not!) available, you may find that this book could be of assistance.

cornishkid

Post Daniel McGuire

Hi Jan
    Thank you for your help I will certainly check out that book.
    Janice

Have you accessed the Court records for Daniel conviction? Where did he settle in Australia?

Quote Originally Posted by cornishkid View Post
    I'm trying to trace Daniel who was born 1803 in Cork. He came to Australia as a convict in 1829. Apparently he was married before he was transported. He then used the name John McGuire but once he gained his freedom he went back to using Daniel. I can follow him in Australia but I have not found him in Ireland yet. Any help please.
    There was a Daniel Maguire married in Feb 1929 in Cork
    https://churchrecords.irishgenealogy...29.p4773.00579

Marriage of DANIEL MAGUIRE of ARDAGH and CATHERINE DONOVAN of FREHANES on 14 February 1829