Nick Smith

Default Hillers of Thanet

Hi there, I am trying to track down the birth place of my 5xg.g/father John Christopher Hiller, b.1715, he was the father of John Frederic Hiller, Lighthouse keeper of North Forland Lighthouse, Thanet. He married Elizabeth Marsh in 1741. It has been suggested he was a German immigrant (Johann Casper Hiller) which leads me to a whole new tree from Wutternburg in Germany but need corroboration. Can anyone help

Super Moderator

Is that your tree on Ancestry? If it's not, there may be some info. that could interest you.

Nick Smith

No mine's on my heritage, but I am not subscribed ancestry so i don't know if I can access it?
    Nick

Reputation beyond repute

Is that your tree on Ancestry? If it's not, there may be some info. that could interest you.
    I wonder if all those trees were independently researched

Nick Smith

Ive researched my direct lines but not necessarily all the marriage related ones

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Hiller, Thanet, Kent

Hello Nick
    Came across your question about John Christopher Hiller. He is my 6th great grandfather. I am wondering if you made any headway with your query as to his birth. I have to admit to not having found anything further than the same birth record that everyone else has found and many have accepted as fact. I've been writing to a couple of people on Ancestry. Unfortunately everyone seems to be stuck at the same spot. There is one person who is looking further afield as not convinced that the Wutternberg connection is accurate. I remain open to suggestions but would prefer more proof before accepting as fact.

Cheers
    Dee