Fletcher44

Default John Fletcher Holbeck Clockmaker

Looking for any information anyone has about a clockmaker from holbeck named John Fletcher not sure when he was born but he died in sep 1787.
    Many Thanks Rich

Mutley

Welcome to the forum.
    Putting John's name into google throws up several threads on other forums.
    I can see a reference to Tobias, have you sorted that out yet?

I also saw a Genuki Link of Leeds Parish Church PRs
    2 April 1727 John Fletcher married Faith Jackson at Holbeck.
    10 Sept 1728 Anne Fletcher married Robert Dawson at Garforth
    25 Feb 1722 Edward Fletcher married Susanna Sykes

Any connection?

Fletcher44

Hi Muttley thanks for that
    Yes sorted Tobias out i have found out as much as i can about Tobias Fletcher born 1751 holbeck died 1811 barnsley fathers name John Fletcher holbeck born abt 1717 Tobias was also a clockmaker and i was hoping that the occupation might help me link him up better there are only 4 Tobias Fletchers on ancestry and they are 1 cousin and my 4th 5th and 6th grandfathers, while searching through old auction sites for loncase grandfather clocks made by tobias 1751 i found refference to his son Tobias Junior 1782 to 1841and his other son my 5th great uncle Thomas Fletcher 1780 to 1870 who both followed there fathers occupation as clockmakers.
    Thanks for the look ups but im ive been looking for a marriage for John Fletcher around 1740/1741 holbeck without much look i have used them dates based on the first child Benjamin abt 1742 as i find kids usually come within a year of marriage.
    Ps. The ten thousand seaches you may have seen are all mine been trying to sort this lot out for over a year without any joy.
    Richard